Any Hair Therapy Wrap reviews or steamer reviews?

I like my hair therapy wrap but I have the old one. They have recently come out with a new design in which the gel packs dont bust as easily. It heated all my hair pretty evenly for about 30mins before i had to rewarm. The best part was I could deep condition my hair while cooking dinner, doing laundry and a host of household chores:)

I use to have one, actually I had several. I really loved them, but eventually the gel pack would bust. I would be tempted to purchase again if they have improved the gel packs.

I've been using the Hair Therapy wrap since December and I love it. I get about 40 minutes of heat out of my gel packs. My only complaint is that the velcro isn't secured to the wrap tightly. It ripped off in a few places and I had to sew it back on, but other than that, no complaints. I even use it on cold winter nights to warm my head.
Almost forgot: It is a bit challenging to fit all my hair under the wrap at times. I have to braid or twist my hair in a particular way to make it fit properly.

Im definately getting this since my dryer broke, and I cant purchase a steamer till a few weeks...

has anybody tryed the DIY steam treatment with it ??ya'll know the "towel>plastic>towel>plastic" method???

I wanted to try a steamer, but it cost $$$. I planing to save up for a steamer. But I ran across this item that caught my attention. It's call "Hair Therapy Wrap" and was wonder if it works as good as a steam treatment.

Amazon.com: Hair Therapy Wrap: Beauty

Any reviews on the Hair Therapy Wrap or any steam treatment reviews?

I just got my steam machine last week: HAIR STEAMER COLOR PROCESSOR BEAUTY SPA SALON EQUIPMENT - eBay (item 330474129569 end time Sep-29-10 08:00:51 PDT)
it's from salons r us, only 89.00 free shipping, can you can use a coupon code from exotic mommies for an additional 10.00 off! MY STEAMER IS WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT!!!!!! The steam was a little hotter then I had expected, but there's vents to let out some of the steam. Also you can use tap water ( I don't though ) and the fill cup is on the bottom, for easy filling. It's a quiet timer and it beeps when the water level is low and needs to be turned off.
RESULTS? ------ my hair was SOOO soft, detangling? what detangling! The water just melted any tangle out of my hair. I also stretch my hair with air drying at night. In the morning, my hair was WAAAAYYY straighter then usual ( which I don't really care either way) but most of all my colored ends were so soft, and so was the rest of my hair. Here it is, Tues. and my hair is still super soft and supple! I will NOT be going back to home grown steam tx, this steamer is the best!!
Here's a pic:
Here's the information from the site:
1 YearWarranty -We stands behind all of our products with confidence. Compare the LCL Beauty warranty to those of our competitors. Don't settle for 90-days when you get a full 1 year warranty from LCL Beauty.
satisfaction-guaranteed.jpg

30 day No-Hassle return policy!
- Return your merchandise within 30 days of purchase for a full refund of your purchase price (see details below).

CE.gif

CE Certified
- International Compliance to Safety Standards
Save time and money with this new modelProfessional Grade Hair Steamer that uses Tap Water. No more running to the grocery store for pricey Distilled Water!
Keep your hair soft, strong and lustrous with the use of our Professional Grade Hair Steamer. Steam treatmetns greatly increase conditioner and color penetration in your hair follicles. This beauty salon hair steamer is perfect for priming, conditioning, and coloring hair. The steam treatment helps to moisturize your hair follicles and helps dye and conditioners to penetrate hair quickly and more effectively.
This model comes completely in Black for a sleek new look. This hair steamer is constructed of durable, high-density polyethylene thermoplastic for a very lightweight, durable, and heat resistant design.

• CE Certified
  • This machine uses regular Tap Water! No more fussing with running to the grocery story to purchase pricey distilled water.
  • Easy to use On/Off Design with a 30 Minute Auto-Shutoff timer
  • Professional Strength 620w for maximum steam output
  • Jumbo plastic hood with silent operation (11" diameter bonnet opening)
  • 30 minute auto-shutoff silent timer with no annoying ticking sounds
  • Convenient Adjustable height and swivel casters

Attachments

• PRO-150-3.jpg
    PRO-150-3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I used to have a hair therapy wrap it was ok. It works pretty well for what you would pay for it. After all my gel packs busted, I never repurchased anymore. I moved on to a hooded drier. The hair therapy wrap is good if you don't wanna be tied down to a chair. It certainly doesn't compare to steamer, but it could be a good start for you. OR you can stash that $20 and put it towards your steamer (They can be expensive) I got mine for $97 which is the cheapest I've seen for good quality and has a 1 hr timer!

i have one and i didnt like it. parts of my hair wouldntr get heated up and the heat wasnt intense, mine also got cold quickly

I actually have one. Cost me about 20 dollars on amazon. That includes shipping. I absolutely love it. I use it every weekend. It only stays hot for 30 minutes though. Which is okay for me since I only do 30 minutes. It has a terrycloth-like material and it stains pretty easily, probably because mine is white lol.

snapshot2010090531.jpg

I love it because I go can about my business while I deep condition. I too considered a steamer , the huetiful one. But I'm a college student on a budget and I'd rather spend 100 dollars on hair products than a steamer.

Back