Any cute accessories to dress up a bun?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Good morning ladies! Thanks for getting me through my dry hair dilemma last week. I co-washed with a moisturizing conditioner and moisturized like there was no tomorrow and my hair feels/looks much better now. :yep: I also picked up the Roux porosity control shampoo this weekend and plan to use it next wash.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody had any good barrettes or other items to jazz up a bun? I love wearing buns with track hair wrapped around it because my hair is not yet long enough. I wear buns usually during the week and I wear a cute giant butterfly barrette on it with my bun off to the side. However, this clip has that giant metal snap that you have to shove through your hair and all I can see is breakage galore.

Does anybody wear flowers or anything else to change it up? and how would you keep it in? I'm surprised there's just not many items in the store to dress them up, other than butterfly clips that I can't wear because I'm using track hair. I'm thinking of getting creative and gluing something onto a sidecomb. Any ideas?:look:

TIA!!

Buy some accessories from a button shop or a arts & crafts shop like Michaels. Put a bobby pin through the bead of your choice and pin to your hair.
I have some pics like that and I know DLewis has some too!

They have elastic bands that have flowers on them. I purchased mine at the BSS.

You can also use chopsticks with rhinestones on them. I purchased a set of those at Sally's.

Wow! These are all great ideas. I'm going to check the link above right now. I'm also going to put on my creative thinking cap and get going. That's a good idea about the bobby pins and chop sticks.

Thanks all!!

I like to use hair combs, decorative pins and flexi-8 clips to dress up my buns. Here are some examples!

Attachments

• bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 37
  • flexi8.jpg
    flexi8.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 35
  • updo.jpg
    updo.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 30
I like to use hair combs, decorative pins and flexi-8 clips to dress up my buns. Here are some examples!

Your pins and hair combs look beautiful in your updos! I can't wait to go looking for some more now. At least I know what to look for now.

Thanks!

I have those same accessories! Blue flower pins I got from Claire's a large gold flexi8.

Now how did I forget all about Claire's. Gotta check there too. Oooh, I'm getting anxious to do more shopping. At least it's not for more products :grin:

Back