any blowdrying techniques

Inches411

hey guys im relaxed and sometimes i reallly dont have time to rollerset.. so i tried to blowdry and it came out okay but it was hard. I tried and divide my hair in sections and i used the red turbo blowdryer with the comb attachment...at first it was okay but then when i got to the other sections of the hair even thout i previously clip the previously dried hair it still got caught up in the other damp hair and it was so annoying.... i think the hard part is aiming down cause my arms are short and its very hard to reach the back... i might have to get a smaller lighter weight blowdryer... lastly is it best to let the hair airdry a bit or can i blow dry towel dried hair.. which is better tia

Hi,

I don't think it's advisable to blow dry soaking wet hair especially with a comb attachment. I usually wait until I'm at least 50% air dried, sometimes more. You can check out pinkskates' tension method for blow drying: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298845&page=4

This has helped me a lot! It smooths my hair out and I don't have to worry about comb attachments. I loose a lot less hair to breakage because I'm not manipulating it as much. You can always PM her to get more tips on this method(she's the pro I've just started doing it) I also think it's in the products you use not just technique. I use Matrix's Sleek Look line which aids in smoothing. My hair use to come out dry and crunchy everytime I blow dried before using Matrix. Try this blow drying technique on 50%+ dried hair and see if you like it. If it still doesn't work try using some kind of smoothing conditioner or serum. HTH

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't think it's advisable to blow dry soaking wet hair especially with a comb attachment. I usually wait until I'm at least 50% air dried, sometimes more. You can check out pinkskates' tension method for blow drying: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298845&page=4

This has helped me a lot! It smooths my hair out and I don't have to worry about comb attachments. I loose a lot less hair to breakage because I'm not manipulating it as much. You can always PM her to get more tips on this method(she's the pro I've just started doing it) I also think it's in the products you use not just technique. I use Matrix's Sleek Look line which aids in smoothing. My hair use to come out dry and crunchy everytime I blow dried before using Matrix. Try this blow drying technique on 50%+ dried hair and see if you like it. If it still doesn't work try using some kind of smoothing conditioner or serum. HTH

ok ill give it a try but i want to mention that i said i only blow dry on damp hair.. not soaking wet.. and also will this work on relaxed hair cause i know pinkskates is natural

ok ill give it a try but i want to mention that i said i only blow dry on damp hair.. not soaking wet.. and also will this work on relaxed hair cause i know pinkskates is natural

It sure will! I am transitioning so I have relaxed and natural hair on my head. It works like a dream on my relaxed ends but it does a great job on my natural roots too. I actually think this method will be perfect for you since you are relaxed.

It sure will! I am transitioning so I have relaxed and natural hair on my head. It works like a dream on my relaxed ends but it does a great job on my natural roots too. I actually think this method will be perfect for you since you are relaxed.

okay i will try it .. it makes sense though cause relaxed hair is def realy fragile when wet... thanks

I'm relaxed and I've used this method for years. You won't get the breakage and pulling of the hair that you do with a comb attachment. HTH

Back