Any Alma Oil users with results?

caramelma

I placed an order for alma oil and wanted to hear from someone with good results from using this stuff. I really need it for my dry hair.

I think it's great! I use it before I clarify and my hair isn't dry afterwards. I also use it before co-washing or using regular shampoo to help detangle.

I had a sew in and I poured some amla oil over my head, put a showercap on, went to bed, when I woke up tangle free and super soft!

I haven't used it but I did find this info when looking up info on henna mixes.

Amla is a plant: Emblica Officinalis. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The dried, powdered fruit has tannins, vitamin C, and is astringent. Amla adds texture, volume, wave, curl and shine to your hair. It may facilitate uptake of other dyes, but does not itself have a dye. Scrub your face and body with amla for a glowing, clean complexion. Very few people are allergic to amla, but it can happen! Test first!
[/FONT]Mix and apply Amla for healthy skin and hair:
    1. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Mix amla with water in a ceramic bowl to the consistency of thick soup, and warm it in the microwave until it’s hot but not boiling. Let it cool.

[*]• Apply warm amla paste to your face and body and leave it 5 - 10 minutes, then scrub it off.

[*]• For curly hair, section your hair, and apply the amla paste, and gradually work it into all of your hair.

[*]• Wrap your hair in plastic, and wrap a towel around that to reduce mess, and increase warmth.

[*]• Leave the paste in your hair for ½ hour for wavy hair, longer for curls. If amla irritates your skin, wash it out sooner.

[*]• Shampoo the paste out.
Yhis is where I found that info http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairindigo/black.pdf

HTH HHG
[/FONT]

I have been using Dabur Amla oil and some of Candy C's products. I had to stop with CC because it took too long to get here:sad: But they were wonderful. Amla is great for shedding (for me anywho). I give it a :up:

I have been using Dabur Amla oil and some of Candy C's products. I had to stop with CC because it took too long to get here:sad: But they were wonderful. Amla is great for shedding (for me anywho). I give it a :up:

how long did it take. I ordered some product and have to wait until Aug 1 for them to ship out the orders. I'm on pins and needles waiting for this stuff. send me a PM. Thanks

Amla/shikakai oil is great! I have the Darbur brand and I kinda hate it. The smell is too strong, so I started making my own.

The last batch I made was with an inferior oil (Louann :rolleyes:) so I basically stopped using it. But I just got rid of the last of it yesterday, and will make a good batch tomorrow.

I mix amla and shikakai powders in a good quality oil and heat in a slow cooker for a few hours, cool and strain. Ready for use.

I know that it is suppose to be good for shedding but my hair has been breaking like crazy since I have been using it I know that it is the alma oil because that is the only thing that has changed in my regi

Back