Any 4a Natural Users of Maxiglide??

Energist

My husband is so cute, he wakes me up around 1amish for me to look at this infomercial for Maxiglide that he is checking out on tv :lol: He was all excited and was like, baby check this out... you don't have to relax your hair anymore :clapping: I told him that I had heard that it was very difficult to use, because it's big and clunky and he told me that he would handle it and press my hair for me :eek: So then I asked him if he was asking me to go natural again and he asked me if I could :( Well I told him, that I was challenging my relaxed hair to see how long it could get and then he brought up our living in China in the future and that I may have to use a Maxiglide as their are no relaxer products that he knows of overthere :perplexed

Anyways, I'm staying relaxed for now, but at some point in our future it's inevitable for us to move to China for a little while, which means that I may not be able to keep up with relaxing my hair and will need to start over natural. Will this maxiglide work on a 4a texture? In the infomercial it looks like they only get up to a 3b or 3c.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Yes it will. There are a number of 4a and 4b ladies here on the board who use it.

Wow, I hope those ladies will come here and write, because I'd like to see their fotki pics if they have. I'm afraid lol I have had horrible hair disasters and trauma when I was natural :(

Energist said:
Wow, I hope those ladies will come here and write, because I'd like to see their fotki pics if they have. I'm afraid lol I have had horrible hair disasters and trauma when I was natural :(

Awww... I'm trying to think who uses it for sure off the top of my head. :confused: Some people are using Chis, Sedus and Solia's as well. When you move to China, you could always order your relaxer off the net and do it yourself though. Just a thought.

I just got mine in the mail this weekend, but I haven't used it yet. I'm lying, I did try it on one strand just to see. The steam thing is the truth, and it gott it very straight and from that one piece it was also very soft. I'll let you know when I do the whole head, and post some pics. My friend has a chi and we're gonna do a test to see which works better, but after the hyh challenge ends.
I don't mind the size b/c I have alot of hair, and it didn't seem that heavy to me.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Awww... I'm trying to think who uses it for sure off the top of my head. :confused: Some people are using Chis, Sedus and Solia's as well. When you move to China, you could always order your relaxer off the net and do it yourself though. Just a thought.

Yeah, I thought about doing that... Like taking 4 relaxers with me and stretching for as long as I can, and just ordering online or having my mother send me some if I need some more :lol:

bLackButtaFly said:
I just got mine in the mail this weekend, but I haven't used it yet. I'm lying, I did try it on one strand just to see. The steam thing is the truth, and it gott it very straight and from that one piece it was also very soft. I'll let you know when I do the whole head, and post some pics. My friend has a chi and we're gonna do a test to see which works better, but after the hyh challenge ends.
I don't mind the size b/c I have alot of hair, and it didn't seem that heavy to me.

Ok thank you! I guess I really wouldn't mind doing the natural thing again, if I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I will be able to take care of it and handle it. I guess I would just keep using the straighteners on the new growth until I were comfortable enough to cut the older relaxed hair. I'll see...

Back