Anti-humectants

Lisa

Ladies (especially those melting or/and frizzing in this humid weather),

What are you putting in your hair to prevent the frizz? I've been walking around like a little fuzz ball and I finally looked at the ingredients of my leave-in(s). They all have glycerin as the second or third ingredient and most have honey. No wonder my roller-set (I'm natural) looks like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket after I get to work.

I've been following the curly girl method (or at least trying to) but last night I pulled out the products with silicone!! My hair is still a little frizzy but at least my hair doesn't look like I just washed it and walked out the door without putting any product on it. So I guess my questions are:

1) What anti-humectants are you using? Or what are you using to prevent frizz?
2)What do you suggest I look for in the ingredients list?
3) Do you think it is OK to have honey and/or glycerin if you also have something like shea butter? Would you still consider it an anti-humectant?

Thanks.

Glycerin tends to make my hair frizz so I try not to use it in my styling products. Castor oil can do the same thing to my hair.

I am wigging right now, but at other times I wash and go (water rinse or clay wash) and style with diluted kinky curly curling custard. That seems to hold me well. No frizz.

Back