Anti-Glycerin Ladies; What's Your Fave Deep Conditioner?

1QTPie

Elder Sim
My hair hates glycerin. If a product has glycerin high up in the ingredients, my hair literally feels like straw. (For instance Keracare Humecto whatever... bad news for my strands.)

So I need something besides DPR-11. Something that is designed to be a true deep conditioner.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:
My hair hates glycerin also and I love Pantene R&N Mask mixed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner. No matter what has happened to my hair, as soon as I put that mixture on my hair, it's INSTANT moisture and softness!!:grin:

I also like Hairveda's Sitrinillah Conditioner. I think this does have glycerin in it, but my hair loves it anyway. HTH!

My hair hates glycerin. If a product has glycerin high up in the ingredients, my hair literally feels like straw. (For instance Keracare Humecto whatever... bad news for my strands.)

So I need something besides DPR-11. Something that is designed to be a true deep conditioner.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

thanks for sharing this. I was going to ask how does one know if their hair hates glycerin. I am going to use my glycerin spritz the next time I wash my hair and pay special attention to how my hair feels. I have noticed that within a couple of hours after using my glycerin spritz, my hair is dry again.

Kenra MC I mix it with nothing and leave it in for 30 min w no heat. I usually do a workout w it in my hair. Also, dont be heavy handed!

Well for ladies that hate glycerin, here's what http://curlmart.com has to say about it:

Glycerin can dissolve and remove hair color from semi-permanent dyes or larger dye molecules such as reds. Glycerin can also cause or worsen dry hair in extremely dry climates.

I actually bought a product from them a few days ago so we'll see how that goes...

Wow! Thanks so much ladies. Great info. And yeah, I was looking for kenra tonight, it wasn't at my local shop, I'll have to go to my old neighborhood.

Wow! Thanks so much ladies. Great info. And yeah, I was looking for kenra tonight, it wasn't at my local shop, I'll have to go to my old neighborhood.

I know they sell Kenra at Regis hair salons, we have one in every mall here. I had to stop myself from buying it when I took my boyfriend to get his split ends trimmed lol. But if you have a Regis where you live that's a sure place to get Kenra.

Well for ladies that hate glycerin, here's what http://curlmart.com has to say about it:

Glycerin can dissolve and remove hair color from semi-permanent dyes or larger dye molecules such as reds. Glycerin can also cause or worsen dry hair in extremely dry climates.

I actually bought a product from them a few days ago so we'll see how that goes...

UUGGGGHHHHHH!!!:wallbash: Is this what's been making my hair dry??? I spray my hair w like, scurl/veggie glycerin and the like, Ijust stopped in the last two weeks bc i ran out.. I'm angry.. I feel bamboozled!!

Also, you might want to try Joico Moisture Recovery, which, I also love. but if your hair's allergic to cones, Dimethocone is like, ingredient #5

I usually use cholesterol and oil for deep conditioning. Sometimes my hair can be sensitive to glycerin, so I just cut back on the amount of product I use that has glycerin in it; like moisturizers, and leave-ins.

Back