Another shedding question :)

Blaque*Angel

What does it mean when you shed very small bits of hair?

not the whole strand, just small bits that i assume are off the ends:ohwell:

I'm not alarmed, as its only about 10 a day, b ut i've never shed hair before.

two days ago i deep conditioned with le kair cholosterol , then put infusuim 23 on my length, then moisturised and sealed with shea butter and castor oil and the shedding seems to have ceased now.

what usually causes the ends to shed?

i have had a cut recently (5 inches)

any advice appreciated :)

What does it mean when you shed very small bits of hair?

not the whole strand, just small bits that i assume are off the ends:ohwell:

I'm not alarmed, as its only about 10 a day, b ut i've never shed hair before.

two days ago i deep conditioned with le kair cholosterol , then put infusuim 23 on my length, then moisturised and sealed with shea butter and castor oil and the shedding seems to have ceased now.

what usually causes the ends to shed?

i have had a cut recently (5 inches)

any advice appreciated :)
This sounds more like breakage. Are you keeping your hair well moisturized?

it has gotten freezing here in England so i do need to up my moisturising, i usually baggy my whole head constantly in the winter and moisturise about three times a day, i guess i need to up my moisturising.

i've never had shedding or breakage before, so wonder why it started after i got the cut?

It's the pregnancy sweetie. At least that's my opinion. You're about to give birth and shedding comes with that. Even breakage. Your body is robbing from your stock pile and giving all to the baby. The baby grows at a really rapid rate in the end so I think this is the culprit. I suggest your braid your hair up for the birth and keep it braided up at least two months after. When you take down the braids expect to see mucho shedding. Unfortunately it can get worse after the birth, especially if you breas feed. This was just my experience so don't freak out, but this is just what I think.

It's the pregnancy sweetie. At least that's my opinion. You're about to give birth and shedding comes with that. Even breakage. Your body is robbing from your stock pile and giving all to the baby. The baby grows at a really rapid rate in the end so I think this is the culprit. I suggest your braid your hair up for the birth and keep it braided up at least two months after. When you take down the braids expect to see mucho shedding. Unfortunately it can get worse after the birth, especially if you breas feed. This was just my experience so don't freak out, but this is just what I think.

i thought about this too :yep:

but my first pregnancy i got zero shedding or breakage, my hair got thicker and grew so much.

i pray the same thing happens again.

i'm glad the small pieces of hair have stopped falling now...

fingers crossed i dont experience post partem shedding.

i thought about this too :yep:

but my first pregnancy i got zero shedding or breakage, my hair got thicker and grew so much.

i pray the same thing happens again.

i'm glad the small pieces of hair have stopped falling now...

fingers crossed i dont experience post partem shedding.

This sounds like me. My first pregnancy I lost so much hair, my second pregnancy I was Repunzel. Like they say, every pregnancy is different. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!

i dont think ends can shed. i think thats breakage. i've been getting the ends lately too but not enough for me to be alarmed. this weekend im just going to up my moisture by adding honey and coconut oil to my pre poo and deep conditioning longer.
lately instead of my usual moisturize and seal method. i have just been moisturizing with coconut oil. after a while i dont think thats enough and it caused my ends to get dry and break.
maybe you just need to up your moisture.

Back