Another rollersetting question....

...actually I have several. I'm going to try to do my hair this weekend and i've never done my own rollerset before (duh, right?) Is there a certain way of parting my hair to make the whole task easier? I mean, do i section my hair off or clip up one part while I'm working on the other part? If so, how many sections? Will i need a spray bottle to re-wet my hair (with water)?

Also, should I buy the metal clips for the rollers or just use the plastic ones that already come with them? If i want curls like the ones in my avatar pic, what color rollers should I look for?

I appreciate any help! :)

1. The size of rollers depends on your length of hair. The color-coding of the rollers depend on where you buy them. I use 2.5 inch on my crown, which is the longest and 2" rollers on the rest.

2. I section my mohawk first, clipping the two sides up in a butterfly clamp and roll the entire middle section from front to back.

3. I then section one side into two smaller sections, rolling from top to bottom. Repeating on the opposite side, so when I'm done, I have 5 rows of rollers: one going straight back and two on each side of my head going down.

4. Although, I only rollerset freshly washed hair, I keep a spritz bottle filled with water on hand, in case my ends get dry.

5. I use metal clips on my magnetic rollers and then tie down with a net scarf.

webby said:
1. The size of rollers depends on your length of hair. The color-coding of the rollers depend on where you buy them. I use 2.5 inch on my crown, which is the longest and 2" rollers on the rest.

2. I section my mohawk first, clipping the two sides up in a butterfly clamp and roll the entire middle section from front to back.

3. I then section one side into two smaller sections, rolling from top to bottom. Repeating on the opposite side, so when I'm done, I have 5 rows of rollers: one going straight back and two on each side of my head going down.

4. Although, I only rollerset freshly washed hair, I keep a spritz bottle filled with water on hand, in case my ends get dry.

5. I use metal clips on my magnetic rollers and then tie down with a net scarf.

Perfect explanation Webby...thanks

Back