Another Newbie...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Liz and I just joined these forums. I am very excited to start actually "caring" for my hair and not just worrying about making it straight enough to style...
Hmm lets see what would I like you guys to know about me..

-I am an amateur but i do try new products, detangling techniques, etc.
-I am currently on a no heat challenge until my birthday which the 28th of April 2006.
-I am a recovering heataddict (I have never messed around with my natural state until recently/i always run for the blowdryer)
--my hair is funny. its weird. i dont understand it. and thats a big problem.
-i have retained and lost between 4-5 inches the 5 years i've been natural.

My question is what can I do during these 6 months to keep my box braids moisturized (especially my ends because I dont add any extensions) without making them look old?

ps. check out my first hair album! help a sista out.....:grin:

Hi Liz, I would first like to say your hair is beautiful, and I myself use to box platt my own hair for 2-3 months at a time and it really pays off in length over time. I use mango butter by Elasta QP on my ends mainly when I wear braids to keep the ends moist I apply it 3'x a day. I use BB castor oil moisturizer mixed w/ an oil like African's best or Wonder 8 oil something like that to just glide over my cornrowed area to keep that part moist. If you find that you like the mango butter it can just use it on the entire length of the box platts also dilluted S-curl is great I like to add differrent oils, distilled water and some leave-in strengthener to a spray bottle and I just spray this lightly over my entire head. HTH's

Thank you for the compliment Beautiful Wide Eyes. My hair has been through so much torture...lol Where can I purchase Elasta QP Mango Butter? Does it smell good? Because I use this oil from Haiti that has been stinking my hair up for years- I wonder if it could cover up that smell.....

Back