Another newbie, and I'm curious about texturizers...

jackie34r

First and foremost,

I wanted to say how amazing my hair journey has been since finding this website. I have been lurking in the shadows for quite some time reading numerous threads and learning so much about my hair I never thought was possible lol. So, thank you so much for enlightening me and helping me to take better care of my God-given 3c hair hehe.

I pretty much have 3c curls, but the inside of my hair has very tight,kinky,hard to manage curls. I am interested in loosening my curls altogether. I have seen a few threads on textlaxing/texturizing but am still not sure what the difference is. From what I have read, texturizing would be the route for me, so anyone...please share what I should be looking for in a texturizer...I am definitely a newbie to anything chemically altering to my hair lol...:grin:

Most ladies texturize with a regular relaxer. They just leave it on for a shorter amount of time or add oil to slow the processing time. Texturizing is closer to the natural end of the spectrum and usually still allows the hair to hold natural styles like twists, puffs, etc. Texlaxing is closer to relaxing just not bone straight.

I'm sure someone will be chiming in soon with more specifics. :yep:

Welcome to the site! I can't help you with the texturizer question but I know some of the ladies here can.

Happy Hair Growing!:drunk:

Back