Another Lurker Finally Joins!

sbfairy

Hey Everybody,

My name is Tonya and after much lurking on this site I've finally joined. I've been on a HHJ for just over a year now and so much of my info has come from this site.
A little about me, right now my hair is kind of a mystery. I have bone straight ends with a texlaxed middle and I'm barely texlaxed at the roots. I have no idea of whether I want to go natural or continue to texlax but I do enjoy my hair in it's current state. I'm probably a 4b with some 4a in the very top of my head. I co-wash once a week and use shampoo once a month. I occasionally steam my hair but mostly just wash and air dry. I mostly use Hairveda, Carol's Daughter, Chi, and Darcy's Botanical products but I also henna and use Cassia and other herbs. I'm a big time protective styler and I love hair jewelry.
Since moving to West Texas a year ago I've become a DIYer. I've had a few bad experiences with stylists around here and have been very fortunate to have escaped with virtually no damage. I stretch my relaxers and the last time I texlaxed was in August and I did it myself for the first time (which is why I'm barely texlaxed). I also trimmed my own hair this go round.
Having said all that, I'm excited to finally join so I can see what else I can learn and look at all the pretty hair!

I love Hairveda. I use the Moist Condition, Moist Condition Pro, Acai Berry Phyto, SitriNillah conditioner, Bizzy Izzy Buttered Up, Vatika frosting, and I cannot live without the whipped jelly. Whipped jelly is the only thing that tames my new growth. I am interested in trying the hydrasilica. Anyone ever use? Did ya like it?

Back