Another henna question/ experience

disgtgyal

okay so i did a henna treatment and it was a hot mess i used the colora brand and the directions said to shampoo hair first so dats wat i did to make a long story short my hair was a tangled mess and i lost so much hair trying to detangle it, but when i took my setters out after letting it air dry my hair was much softer than usual is there something other than water i can mix the henna with to make the apllication and rinse out easier my hair is about 80% natural if that helps

Well from what I understand and my experience, Henna is very drying period. After you wash out the henna, you must then use a good moisturizing condish to put the moisture back into your hair. That is what I had to do. after I washed out the henna, I then used a moisturizing poo (CON) and them ORS Deep Condish (w/heat) and my hair was find after that. Oh, I then baggied my whole head that night and it was really soft after that. HTH

Well from what I understand and my experience, Henna is very drying period. After you wash out the henna, you must then use a good moisturizing condish to put the moisture back into your hair. That is what I had to do. after I washed out the henna, I then used a moisturizing poo (CON) and them ORS Deep Condish (w/heat) and my hair was find after that. Oh, I then baggied my whole head that night and it was really soft after that. HTH

Cosigning... you'll need to DC with moisture stat! Leave it on a long time with heat and you should be good to go. I use Aveda DR as my post-henna-treatment treatment.

okay thanks sareca and luvmesumhair but was your hair really tangled and wat did u guys mix ur henna wit?

I really need to Henna & Indigo my hair but I don't have a lot of time. The Henna is the one that takes so long. I leave my Indigo in for 3 hours. I have Reshma, Dulhan and Jamila brands of Henna. How long do I have to let the Henna and water mixture sit before putting it in my hair? Any brand release quicker than the other? If I plan to use coconut milk, alma and honey when do I put those items in the Henna? Right after I add the water or right before I put it in my hair?

Thanks!!!

okay thanks sareca and luvmesumhair but was your hair really tangled and wat did u guys mix ur henna wit?

I just mixed water with mine. I hear that Lemon juice dries out your hair a lot. Henna is drying enough! Yes. My hair was hard. I did not try to untangle or comb my hair until after my deep condish to soften it up.

I really need to Henna & Indigo my hair but I don't have a lot of time. The Henna is the one that takes so long. I leave my Indigo in for 3 hours. I have Reshma, Dulhan and Jamila brands of Henna. How long do I have to let the Henna and water mixture sit before putting it in my hair? Any brand release quicker than the other? If I plan to use coconut milk, alma and honey when do I put those items in the Henna? Right after I add the water or right before I put it in my hair?

Thanks!!!

When I did it I mixed it w/water and let it sit overnight on my counter sealed tight in a plastic container. I also hear that a lot of ladies add lemon juice to their henna to release the color faster. You do not need to do that if you let it sit overnight. I still got color with out the lemon. I did not add that extra stuff to my henna you mentioned. I did not want anything to hender the color release on my hair.

When I did it I mixed it w/water and let it sit overnight on my counter sealed tight in a plastic container. I also hear that a lot of ladies add lemon juice to their henna to release the color faster. You do not need to do that if you let it sit overnight. I still got color with out the lemon. I did not add that extra stuff to my henna you mentioned. I did not want anything to hender the color release on my hair.

Thanks for the reply. I can't put the lemon juice in the Henna. I am scared to do that because of drying. How long do you keep the henna in your hair?

I usually let mine sit covered in the garage overnight (dark and hot) and then put it on for 6 hrs and then Indigo for 3 hrs. I just don't have the time to let the henna sit overnight this time.

Thanks for the reply. I can't put the lemon juice in the Henna. I am scared to do that because of drying. How long do you keep the henna in your hair?

I usually let mine sit covered in the garage overnight (dark and hot) and then put it on for 6 hrs and then Indigo for 3 hrs. I just don't have the time to let the henna sit overnight this time.

http://www.hennapage.com

Here is a site to help with answering your questions re: mixing and so forth that I can't answer.

I personally after mixing, put it in my hair and let it on for 3 hours!!!!! LOL Don't be afraid. The results are well worth it!:yep:

You can also do a henna gloss. This is where you mix henna with your condish and let it sit in your hair for at least 1 hour or a half under the dryer. You get the same effects but without the color. It is quick and easy!

You can also do a henna gloss. This is where you mix henna with your condish and let it sit in your hair for at least 1 hour or a half under the dryer. You get the same effects but without the color. It is quick and easy!

Thanks for the info. I think I may try a Henna gloss.

okay so i did a henna treatment and it was a hot mess i used the colora brand and the directions said to shampoo hair first so dats wat i did to make a long story short my hair was a tangled mess and i lost so much hair trying to detangle it, but when i took my setters out after letting it air dry my hair was much softer than usual is there something other than water i can mix the henna with to make the apllication and rinse out easier my hair is about 80% natural if that helps

maybe you want to try a different mix? My version is modified version of kinikakes henna mix and my hair didn't feel dry at all when I finished my treatment. Here is the vital info.:

1 100 gms boxes Jamila Henna Powder (for hair that is around shoulder length)
1.5 tbsp Jojoba Oil
3 tbsp EVOO
3 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Castor Oil
10 ounces Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner (or 1/2 a bottle)

Back