Another Fox 5 News Hair Expert today...

It was the same hairdresser/owner of Edris salon in Mahattan who was on approx 2 months back chatting about black hair care products.

This morning was about looking after afro hair. She basically recommended the value of oil treatments and said they can be left in overnight. The oils she recommended were avocado, olive, jobaba, essential oils, mayonaise. She said to put it all on and leave it in overnight with a cap allowing body heat to let it penetrate.

She said to avoid dryers too much because they make the hair fall out. Yes that's correct. I raised one brow at this point and so did the news person interviewing her.

She said that dryers just thin the hair. I'm assuming she's referring to natural afro hair which is what the program was about but still
nuts.gif

This is Brownrelaxedhair, Fox 5 News, back to you in the studio.

I saw that this morning. What I got from what she was saying is that when you sit under the dryer for treatments and such on that it can cause breakage over time in the top part of your hair. This actually happened to me. I think because i was using heat for every ccondition and the rollersetting and that intense heat was hitting the hair in the top rollers. BRH- did you ever try the astelance?

I don't know if I'd want to sleep with Mayo in my hair all night....seems like a bit too much.

That is what I thought based on the area od the head she was pointing to, sort of top back. I can't see how blow dryers would affect that spot more than any other, whereas I can see how dryes can do this since it happened to me.

Hair dryers dried my mom's hair out in the top of her hair and it started breaking. I kind of don't understand it because I thought hair dryers were good for the hair and blowdryers not so good.

Back