Another Aveda Review...I know, I know...

Nice & Wavy

...had to start a new one, an old one just won't do!

I LOVE IT....YES, I LOVE IT!!!!

Ok, where should I start???

Well, first I clarified my hair (had to do that first to make sure that all products were out)

I then used a very small amount of Aveda DR shampoo (about a nickel size amount) what surprised me was how it lathered up so much with just that small amount. As I massaged it into my hair, my hair began to get soft and my fingers slipped through with no problem. I rinsed and my hair felt strong, soft and tangled free.

Then, I put in the Aveda DR Treatment. It seemed a little weird because it came out in my hand like a cream, but when I put it in my hair (oh, I used a quarter size amount) it dissolved in my hair and it felt as though I never put anything in it. I am so used to having DC in my hair that I can see and feel, but not this. Well, I massaged it in from root to end and made sure I got every hair. I put a plastic bag (go target, go target...best DC bags...lol)
on and left it on my hair for 1 1/2 hours. When I began to rinse, I couldn't believe how soft and strong my hair felt at the same time. I have used many products ladies, and my hair felt absolutely different this time. That's when I realized that I WILL BE BUYING THE LITER SIZES now. Amazing!!!!

I then used the DR conditioner and it made my hair even softer. This time I used my comb to get it throughout my hiar. I massaged it in and then rinsed it out and I love the way my hair feels.

I used some EndAll and some USC and my hair is lovely.....nice curls and soft, soft, soft.

Thank you to all the Aveda girls who shared their experiences and gave me a reason to purchase Aveda. I am now officially an AVEDA PJ!!!! I will have to now use up all the other products with pre-poo's and CW's and whatever else I can do, maybe give some away....I need room for my new Aveda products I'm going to buy...lol!

Blessings!!!

Gosh!! You guys have got to stop this. I'm really trying to hold out here! But there's only so much I can take! I haven't even begun to confront my PJism, and at this rate I'll never recover. :lachen::lachen:

Thanks for the review, I am going to make a trip to the Aveda store soon. I can't believe all the good reviews it has been getting, and I have never tried any of their products. The pj in me is slippin up, lol:lachen: !

Wow, I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with it!!!! I'm sooooooooo mad that I gave my Aveda DR products away without trying them again after my big chop. Now, I'm going to have to rebuy the whole set. Even though that'll be more money out of my pocket; I'm excited.

angellazette said:
Does anyone use a moisturizing conditioner on top of the DR conditioner?

no chile, don't mess around with greatness :lachen: Seriously, I think DR condish is moisturizing enough.

jnicole said:
Gosh!! You guys have got to stop this. I'm really trying to hold out here! But there's only so much I can take! I haven't even begun to confront my PJism, and at this rate I'll never recover. :lachen::lachen:

I'm sorry girl, I have to tell the truth about Aveda!!!

STLCoverGirl said:
Thanks for the review, I am going to make a trip to the Aveda store soon. I can't believe all the good reviews it has been getting, and I have never tried any of their products. The pj in me is slippin up, lol:lachen: !

You are welcome. I'm going to have to take another as well this week because I do want to get the Brilliant anti-humectant pomade and I also tried their lip glaze when I was there and it was nice and smooth, not sticky like Mac.

I love your hair, it is so full and so pretty.

TSUprincess04 said:
Wow, I'm glad you had a pleasant experience with it!!!! I'm sooooooooo mad that I gave my Aveda DR products away without trying them again after my big chop. Now, I'm going to have to rebuy the whole set. Even though that'll be more money out of my pocket; I'm excited.

Thanks girl....I really do love the way my hair feels and its been a couple of hours.
I love the smell too!!!!

BTW: I love your hair and that its growing....you grow girl!

Glad you had great results with it. Its some serious stuff and it has done wonders for my hair. Once you start you cant stop w/ buying products...haha

bablou00 said:
Glad you had great results with it. Its some serious stuff and it has done wonders for my hair. Once you start you cant stop w/ buying products...haha

Thanks, bablou00....!

This line is tha absolute best. I am going to purchase tha larger sizes. Aveda DR line will always be my staple. I actually washed with the shampoo and conditioner today. I also tried the conditioner as a leave in as LocsofLuv recommended. I mixed it with a little bit of the USC and my hair and newgrowth is so soft. I am about 9 weeks post.

Great stuff indeed.

I am co-signing with this thread :up: ...I absolutely LOVE :love: AVEDA!!!!! :drool: My hair is thanking me a thousand times over. :yep:

Thank God i've got this already Nice & Wavy you would have sent me to the shops on a bankrupting spree :D I'll use the whole line tomorrow and post results.

:yep: I knew you would love it!!! Aveda is just amazing! I love every single product I have by them. As soon as you said the liter sizes, I knew you were hooked! ;)

21Trixie said:
This line is tha absolute best. I am going to purchase tha larger sizes. Aveda DR line will always be my staple. I actually washed with the shampoo and conditioner today. I also tried the conditioner as a leave in as LocsofLuv recommended. I mixed it with a little bit of the USC and my hair and newgrowth is so soft. I am about 9 weeks post.

Great stuff indeed.

Ohhhh...I'm gonna try that and see how it will work as a leave in...thanks for the tip!

hothair said:
Thank God i've got this already Nice & Wavy you would have sent me to the shops on a bankrupting spree :D I'll use the whole line tomorrow and post results.

LOL...yes, thank the Lord, can't have a sister going bankrupt now, can we?

Yes, please let us know...I'll be waiting for your review!

Letitia said:
:yep: I knew you would love it!!! Aveda is just amazing! I love every single product I have by them. As soon as you said the liter sizes, I knew you were hooked! ;)

LOL....I know right!

I'm so happy that I finally purchased it and that it worked very well for me...I was really hoping that it would. Its been a number of hours now and my hair is dry and its still soft...that was my concern too that it would remain soft once my hair dried so, I am well pleased now for sure.

Back