Annoyed and my feelings are hurt!!!

Zeal

I used MTG last year this time and it did me good. My Mom told me the whole time it stunk as if I did not know.

I have stopped using it. I bought some more recently. I forgot how bad it smelled. So I stopped using it and I am trying to sell it.

My mother told me about a month ago (mind you I was not even using MTG) the smell is in your clothes your sister said it smelled so bad that she did not want her coat touching yours. Oh so they are talking about me behind my back. I know Moms and siblings do that.

Any hoo.

Sometimes I spend the weekend over my Moms house. It does not matter what I use. It stinks or smells like sulfur 8 to her.

If I use Vatika - " It smells like a strong herb, It stinks. It smells like a Indian smell. If I use Alba, it stinks" Aubrey organics - Overwhelming Strong herb smell.

Last week I used IC Oil moisturizer in my hair, she says, "i see you put that stuff in you hair" I did not mean to be short, or disrepectful, but I kind of snapped and said. "What stuff?!!! I did not put sulfur in my hair.:mad:

So this morning when I leaving she says I smell that sutff. I know you don't want to hear it it but it smells like sulfur 8 in here. Mind you, I just used a combination of Lemongrass oil, water, glycerin and evoo.

So I am back to basics. Just to see what she will say. This morning I purchased Suave humectant conditioner and Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme.

Let's see what happens.:(

Last edited:
Awww, that wasn't nice at all, it's okay if someone let's you know the products don't smell to good to them but to say it everytime about everything you use is a little overboard to me. It sounds like they are already and prepared for your hair to smell a certain way, like it's in their mind/head or something. I wouldn't stop using it I would just not use it when I know I'm going to be around them. Do a fresh shampoo and DC w/one of the ones you know smells sooo good, and take it with you and ask her how it smells and if she says good and tries to tell you other wise about your hair you can kindly let her know that's what's in it right now. Not sure if your hair agrees with dominican conditioners, but that Praital Silk Worm Conditioner smell soooo lovely like candy.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Awww, that wasn't nice at all, it's okay if someone let's you know the products don't smell to good to them but to say it everytime about everything you use is a little overboard to me. It sounds like they are already and prepared for your hair to smell a certain way, like it's in their mind/head or something. I wouldn't stop using it I would just not use it when I know I'm going to be around them. Do a fresh shampoo and DC w/one of the ones you know smells sooo good, and take it with you and ask her how it smells and if she says good and tries to tell you other wise about your hair you can kindly let her know that's what's in it right now. Not sure if your hair agrees with dominican conditioners, but that Praital Silk Worm Conditioner smell soooo lovely like candy.

Thank you. I will consider that. They say that no one else will tell me because they don't want to hurt my feelings . The thing is i usually og over on Sat. This is my hair wash day. I did not go to church today and I am getting ready to wash my hair in a few. Right now I have alba oil in as a pre-poo.

I wonder if sulfur is one of those things that gets in your pores like garlic does, :scratchch , hopefully not. But when I was using MTG a little after I first joinged I found that using it on freshly shampooed hair while it's still wet helped conceal the strong sulfur smell and I added just the sulfur not the oil to my scalp oils and grease (come back hair cream or natures blessings) and you cannot smell it without that cade oil, I think that cade oil makes it smell soo strong.
Zeal said:
Thank you. I will consider that. They say that no one else will tell me because they don't want to hurt my feelings . The thing is i usually og over on Sat. This is my hair wash day. I did not go to church today and I am getting ready to wash my hair in a few. Right now I have alba oil in as a pre-poo.

Zeal said:
Sometimes I spend the weekend over my Moms house. It does not matter what I use. It stinks or smells like sulfur 8.

If I use Vatika - " It smells like a strong herb, It stinks. It smells like a Indian smell. If I use Alba, it stinks" Aubrey organics - Overwhelming Strong herb smell.

Last week I used IC Oil moisturizer in my hair, she says, "i see you put that stuff in you hair" I did not mean to be short, or disrepectful, but I kind of snapped and said. "What stuff?!!! I did not put sulfur in my hair.:mad:
Sounds like our mothers are reading from the same script b/c when I used MTG thats the EXACT same things she said to me, even when I quit with the stuff. Dont sweat it. Ignore her. Thats what I do. :lol:

Don't take it to seriously moms are going to be moms, they will annoy us talk stuff and they love us to death and we love them back, my question is do they see a difference in your hair since you using these oils etc and how is your sisters hair? The reason I ask that is because when they see a huge change in your hair because of this stinky sulfur smell they will eat there words:) so keep doing what you doing or since you are only there on weekends just stay away from the sulfur for the weekend by a bottle of chanel perfume and go crazy lol, so they would have nothing to say lol,

My mom would complain all the time about how much $$$ i spent, time and how much everything smelled. Until she noticed my growth and her own. She stopped complaining when she kept getting compliments.

I'm sorry to hear that your mom and sister are hurting your feelings. It sounds like they are jumping on any opportunity to comment on the smell, whether or not it's actually there. If it hurt my feelings that much I'd quit going over there. Once they notice your absence, they'll probably realize they need to cool it.

No disrespect to your moms, but she seems very critical. She is so critical to the point that nothing would smell good to her.

misskris816 said:
I'm sorry to hear that your mom and sister are hurting your feelings. It sounds like they are jumping on any opportunity to comment on the smell, whether or not it's actually there. If it hurt my feelings that much I'd quit going over there. Once they notice your absence, they'll probably realize they need to cool it.

Ditto!!!:up:

guesswho said:
Don't take it to seriously moms are going to be moms, they will annoy us talk stuff and they love us to death and we love them back, my question is do they see a difference in your hair since you using these oils etc and how is your sisters hair? The reason I ask that is because when they see a huge change in your hair because of this stinky sulfur smell they will eat there words:) so keep doing what you doing or since you are only there on weekends just stay away from the sulfur for the weekend by a bottle of chanel perfume and go crazy lol, so they would have nothing to say lol,

Does not matter. There was a big difference. My hair was ver thick and bushy. I had surgery in Nov. and my hair broke off. (just in the back) so I am starting over again. So i started again. My mother said yes your hair was very thick. But you should not use it. My sisters has has been thin for a while. I offered her the MTG last year and she refused to use it.

Back