And the Best Ceramic Flat Iron is...

KinksnCurlz

... i have no idea.
laugh.gif

Please list the name of ur favorite. Pls remember to say the full name of the iron (ie. hai convertible). Also, tell me what you like and don't like about it 2. Lastly, advise what you use as a 'heat protectant' before using the iron itself. Thanks. I'm on a witchhunt now for one ASAP.
Thanks.

I use the CHI mini turbo ceramic flat iron, I like it better than the Jibere ceramic iron I had before because it tells you what degree you have the iron set at (in celcius and farenheit). The Jibere has a high and low setting but even on low it seems to dry up my ends but the CHI is less drying. For heat protection I use several things depending on what my hair feels like at the time. I use either Keracare silk and seal (very heavy), Mizani thermoelastic or Nioxin bliss leave in conditioner spray.

I use a babyliss pro professional ceramic straightening iron. It has 200 watts of power and heats up to 230 degrees (salon temperature). I like this iron, it always manages to get my hair straight when I want. And I use a dime sized amount of dudleys creme press (heat protectant) and distribute throughout my hair.

I also have a CHI turbo ceramic iron and love it so much I have to hide it from myself so I forget about it and wont be tempted to use it often.

I like to use Straight Request hair polish as a protectant, and sometimes elasta qp heat protectant(cant remember the name right now, its a spray). I plan to buy biosilk sometime....

I have a 1" Sedu Ionic Ceramic Pro Flat Iron. I was going to get a CHI or HAI, but I went to folica.com, and this one had even better reviews. I would suggest going there and reading the customer reviews, the thing is off the hook. The surface is extremely smooth, I have never snagged one hair on it. It heats up in like 10 seconds, it has a ceramic and tourmaline plate, the tourmaline makes it smoother I have heard. I love this flat iron, it was 98.00 and the shipping was free! Oh, and I use Biosilk or Keracare silken seal for protection!HTH

I love my FHI Ionic RVI (it's the one with the red plates) The heat setting goes up to 450 degrees and it leaves your hair silky and bouncy. There's nothing that I don't like about this iron. I use Biosilk silk therapy or NTM healing shine serum.
smile.gif

Ditto on everything TigerLily said.. sounds like she has the same one I do..I think it's the the 1 inch FHI! It's awesome.. I use Redken Heat Glide usually.. I also sometimes use this Blowsilk stuff...not sure who makes it.. Artec?? Can't wait to hear what flat iron you're gonna get!!!
smile.gif

Sounds like you're gonna be getting lots of new goodies soon from all those "favors" your doing..
lachen70.gif

I'm siding with Tigerlily and Rushgirl on the FHI. I have the same iron (FHI 207RVI red plates).

This flat iron works well in humidity and it holds moisture very well. I take mine to my hairdresser to use on my hair. The last time I wore my hair down, I leaned over a huge pot of boiling water and my hair did NOT revert. That is quite an accomplishment for my hair since it reverts at the slightest hint of humidty.

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
Ditto on everything TigerLily said.. sounds like she has the same one I do..I think it's the the 1 inch FHI! It's awesome.. I use Redken Heat Glide usually.. I also sometimes use this Blowsilk stuff...not sure who makes it.. Artec?? Can't wait to hear what flat iron you're gonna get!!!
smile.gif

Sounds like you're gonna be getting lots of new goodies soon from all those "favors" your doing..
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How did i MISS THAT!!!???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
smile.gif

lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How did i MISS THAT!!!???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh..maybe you had something in your eye..
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:
grin.gif
I ordered a FHI on ebay (the ones with the red plates) Im gonna get it monday...im excited hehe...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5514645698&category=36408

How does it reach to 450 degress because it didnt say u can choose what temp u want in the description??

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll love that iron!! It does reach 450 degrees.. you can choose your temp..

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh oops u can? haha k. I couldnt choose the heat on my old flat iron i hope i dont end up cooking my hair....

WOw i got my iron today and it is amazing! i used it with my redken heat glide and it made my hair really straight and smooth. Im so happy thanks everyone for recommending this iron!!!! I got two blurry pics in my Fotki page of the results.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 1" Sedu Ionic Ceramic Pro Flat Iron. I was going to get a CHI or HAI, but I went to folica.com, and this one had even better reviews. I would suggest going there and reading the customer reviews, the thing is off the hook. The surface is extremely smooth, I have never snagged one hair on it. It heats up in like 10 seconds, it has a ceramic and tourmaline plate, the tourmaline makes it smoother I have heard. I love this flat iron, it was 98.00 and the shipping was free! Oh, and I use Biosilk or Keracare silken seal for protection!HTH

[/ QUOTE ] YES, YES! I HAVE HEARD THE SEDU WAS THE BESTCERAMIC FLAT IRON! IT GET'S EXCELLENT REVIEWS! I HEARD IT IS MORE DURABLE THAN SOME OF THE OTHER ONES ON THE MARKET! THAT IS AN ADDED BONUS FOR ME! SO I TOO WILL BE BUYING THE SEDU!

Keracare silken seal before ironing
I was holding out to get the FHI 207RVI "red plates" on ebay, but I was watching the home shopping channel and they showed a demo on a black model using the $150 dollar iron compared to theirs. They hooked me! I just purchased the MAXIGLIDE BY MAXIUS. There is a protectant they sell alone but it was sold out.

http://images.shopathometv.com/product/images/medium/32010800.jpg

(HERE'S A PIC ...IF THIS SHOWS UP)
Detangling pins feature smooth, rounded ends don't harm the hair's sensitive cuticle like bristles. You can completely detangle the hair to the very end at a rate of 0.3 millimeter (detangling property), like a fine comb.
Ceramic technology creates negative ions and distributes heat quickly to create a shiny, silky and smooth finish and help revitalize hair.

Nearly 4 inch plates provide more room on the plate for a section of hair, which allows you to take wider section of hair, thus reducing the styling time.

The design of case features edges and corners that are curved, so you can see exactly where the iron is on your hair relative to your scalp

Steam S.B.S. (patented Steam Burst System) provides just the right amount of steam when you need it. A burst of steam smoothes out even the most frizzy, wavy hair steam and softens the stubborn hair just like steam in the iron softens the fabric making it easier to smooth.

Design of the case related to placement of pins and the protective/styling channels protect the scalp/skin from high temperatures and burn.
Every outer pin on the plate is accurately lined-up with a corresponding channel, directing the hair through the ribs, allowing you to achieve flips and curves.
The back and sides of the case stay cooler than on other irons
An BONUS flat plate is included for quick touch-ups.
Placement of the on-off switch is away from your hand, allowing you to only turn it on or off when you want to, not by accident.
Variable heat control allows you to choose the temperature --temp reaching 428 f./ 200 watts

( I COPY'N & PASTED THE ABOVE )

I used it Monday after drying my hair and I've been dry wrapping ever since. I have so much body and I can run my fingers thru my hair with no snags!

Back