An Easy Technique To Speed Up Hair Growth

Isis

Have any of you heard of fingernail buffing (or rubbing) to increase hair growth? It has to do with the science of reflexology (I've heard of foot reflexology) and even though it sounds strange,
drunk.gif
I thought it can't hurt to try it.. I stumbled across some info about this while looking for something else. You just rub your nails on one hand across the nails of your other hand for about 5 minutes or so, 3 times each day. It's supposed to stimulate the hair roots and increase hair growth. At first, I was like "no way!" but then again, I'm learning a lot of new things about growing hair these days and I can easily check this out for myself (and it's free!
grin.gif
)
Here are some interesting posts and links I found:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
holistic-online.com/Remedies/Hair/hair_loss_massage.htm#Meditation
Reflexology
Nails are the reflexes for the hair and scalp. Five minutes buffing of the fingernails of one hand against the other daily may help hair and scalp problems.
For hair loss caused by stress, work the diaphragm and adrenal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
pharmahg.co.uk/f179pain4/_discfem179/000000c9.htm

hairsite.com/f146stress2/_discfem146/0000005b.htm

hair-loss-treatment-solutions.com/reflexology_method_for_hair_loss_treatment.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://hometown.aol.com/Kesti%20Page/Hair.HTM
"Your thumbs and big toes....represent your head in reflexology...so Massaging them when you are watching TV will help as well. Once I read that to speed hair growth you should run one set of nails rapidly over the other set of nails and then reverse. I did it for a week and then kinda forgot about it...lol."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hairsite6.com/f310nat5/_discfem310/0000015a.htm

reflexology-research.com/Images/handchart.GIF

Sounds interesting and funny at the same time...thanx for the info....Hey, you never know....Every soluition is not always conventional
smile.gif

I don't quite understand how to do it. Do you rub the nails tips against each other or against the palms, or do you just massage your nail

I think the Yoga moves work. Since I have doing Yoga, I don't take my supplements as often but my hair still seems to be growing quickly. My tape uses a lot of downward dog.

Wow! The website was pretty cool! Thanks for the info.
I've done yoga and noticed more clear skin but didn't
realize it might have been benefiting my hair as well!

I heard about this back in the early 80's. On the TV show "Barney", the black cop was sitting at his desk rubbing his nails together. Barney comes comes over and asks "What are you doing?". That's when the black cop responded "Rubbing may nails together. Makes your hair grow." *play laugh track*

I was too young at the time to understand the plot line but maybe it was something about men's receding hair lines? Anyone else remember this show and especially that episode?

HoneyLemonDrop -

I think you just rub the whole fingernails against your other fingernails in an up and down movement, so they buff each other. At least that's what I tried so I'm doing 4 fingernails on one hand against the 4 on the other, buffing up and down. Has to be good for the nails too!
smile.gif

Edited to add:
I'm also massaging my thumbs too and my fingertips since they are also associated with the head.

SVT - I don't remember the show Barney but it's interesting he would use that line. It must have been known among certain groups, like you mentioned, men with receding hair lines. And it's interesting that you remember that particular line!

I think I'll just make a habit of doing the nail buffing when I'm watching TV or something. I'm also massaging my fingertips and thumbs since they are also connected to the head.

I'm also doing the inverted Yoga (as I mentioned in the "unconventional" thread) positions and they really seem to be working well to nourish my hair roots.

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
Is it the show Barney Miller? I think I remember it, just don't remember any particular episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! Barney Miller was the show! You're old too, huh?
laugh.gif

Offtopic: DDHair, I found Surge14 at the Walgreens on Illinois and Zang off of 35S. I tried this same Walgreens a couple of weeks ago and didn't see it then. I never could find that BSS you talked about. I wanted that $3.99 price but settled for 5.99 at Walgreens.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
I heard about this back in the early 80's. On the TV show "Barney", the black cop was sitting at his desk rubbing his nails together. Barney comes comes over and asks "What are you doing?". That's when the black cop responded "Rubbing may nails together. Makes your hair grow." *play laugh track*

I was too young at the time to understand the plot line but maybe it was something about men's receding hair lines? Anyone else remember this show and especially that episode?

[/ QUOTE ]

SVT - I think because you remembered this line, you must have been "tuned in" to the art of growing hair even as a little girl and now you are still tuned in and assisting all of us to grow our hair!
smile.gif

Hmmm I'm always up for something new that will make my hair grow. I'll try it! It's sort of soothing....yeah, I can see me sitting in class doing this and the person next to me looking at me funny. I hope they ask me what I"m doing and why so I can tell them
rofl.gif

Back