An Alternative Lifestyle (for my hair)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I would love to rollerset my hair every week! My hair comes out feeling soo delicious (I know that's a food descriptor, but it was the best word I could think of) when I rollerset it. But rollersetting is tedious work! The results are just wonderful though.

So, is there anyone out there with hair that is mid-back or longer that is rollersetting regularly? How do you have the patience to do it regularly?

Does anyone have any easier alternatives to rollersetting that yield similar results?

My hair is at the bottom of brastrap so not quite midback yet. Lately, I've been rollersetting every week or sometimes 2ce a week. It takes me about 40minutes b/c I have really thick hair and b/c I am really careful w/that fine tooth comb. U just have to be patient. After a while u get used to it and I think u get faster at it.

My problem is that I want to use S-curl and I'm afraid to use it with a roller set.

I rollerset regularly and it is verytedious! I'm running out of patience, lol. I do love the results though.

I do have an alternative though. I've been doing it since high school and it's loads easier. I call it my "cheat set". I get very similar results to a roller set and it takes like half the time and effort. When I do a silk wrap after, the results are very nice. I have some pics of the set in my album under "My cheat set". I will try to work on a better tutorial in the future. If you need any help just let me know.

My hair is mid-back and I have always roller set it even at ear-length. If you start out at shorter lengths, you just stretch your arms as the hair grows. I'd imagine learning how to roller set at waist length must be daunting, but if it's what you want to do, start practicing. I always recommend practising on dry hair to familiarize yourself with the shape of your head, the placement of the rollers, and the thickness of your hair. Good luck.

I would love to rollerset my hair every week! My hair comes out feeling soo delicious (I know that's a food descriptor, but it was the best word I could think of) when I rollerset it. But rollersetting is tedious work! The results are just wonderful though.

So, is there anyone out there with hair that is mid-back or longer that is rollersetting regularly? How do you have the patience to do it regularly?

Does anyone have any easier alternatives to rollersetting that yield similar results?
Good luck.

My hair is mid-back and I have always roller set it even at ear-length. If you start out at shorter lengths, you just stretch your arms as the hair grows. I'd imagine learning how to roller set at waist length must be daunting, but if it's what you want to do, start practicing. I always recommend practising on dry hair to familiarize yourself with the shape of your head, the placement of the rollers, and the thickness of your hair. Good luck.

Oh, I know how to do it. It just takes longer than I'd like.

I rollerset regularly and it is verytedious! I'm running out of patience, lol. I do love the results though.

I do have an alternative though. I've been doing it since high school and it's loads easier. I call it my "cheat set". I get very similar results to a roller set and it takes like half the time and effort. When I do a silk wrap after, the results are very nice. I have some pics of the set in my album under "My cheat set". I will try to work on a better tutorial in the future. If you need any help just let me know.

I am going to try that this weekend. Do you sit under the dryer or let it air dry? (although I would imagine one could do both because you can actually sleep in that style.) Do you use a regular ponytail holder?

Nevermind, I found the answers in your comments section.

Poka, What a great idea, your hair looks beautiful. I wonder if this would work w/ brastrap hair. I hate rollerset but love the results as well...

Back