Amla oil

londonbabe

I have noticed a lot of you use Amla oil and I was just wondering what brands you use. Also what are the benefits? Do most of you use it instead of EVOO?:perplexed

Also for htose based in the UK (espeically London) where do you get your amla oil from?

I'm a faithful Amla user! I use the Dabur Amla but would like to be able to purchase it in larger quantities (1/2 or gallon sizes) so I may switch brands.

I've found using it that my hair is very healthy, shiny and very well moisturized. It's a definite staple in my regimen.

I recently used EVOO in a prepoo/conditioner treatment. I will try it again this weekend and use the Amla instead, if the results are just a good or better...I'll rotate the EVOO out of my regimen altogether!

I love what this stuff did for my hair but the smell, WOW, this stuff stinks. I use the same brand as VWVixxen.

It was very strongly scented to me initially, now it's basically scentless (to me).:look: I'm not sure that's a good thing though, I may get heavy handed and SMELL and not even realize it!

I get mine at From Nature With Love and its pretty much scentless. Since my hair acts so crazy with oils I decided I better get the cleanest one I can find. They also have an amla powder too (havent tried it, but will do so in June.:) )

I mix 4 drops into my oil mixure and use that daily, and my hair seems so much stronger and softer because of it.

-A

I also use the same brand as Vixxen, but I can smell it. My bestfriend hugged me one day and said, "eww, what hippy junk do you have in your hair now?" Since then I've limited my use to overnight pre-poo only. I use amla powder in my henna mixes, but I've never tried it alone.

sareca said:
My bestfriend hugged me one day and said, "eww, what hippy junk do you have in your hair now?"

:lachen: :lol: :lachen: @ hippy junk!!

The Amla Oil is supposed to provide more of a gloss to the hair when doing a henna treatment... I've never tried it alone either... :scratchch

VWVixxen said:
:lachen: :lol: :lachen: @ hippy junk!!

The Amla Oil is supposed to provide more of a gloss to the hair when doing a henna treatment... I've never tried it alone either... :scratchch

She was dead serious too. :lachen: My last couple of mixes I did add some amla oil. It's really the only oil I use now, except the occasional emu or kemi oyl.

I use the dabur too I got mine off ebay. I've heard girls on the fotkis sayin they've seen it in Tescos, but I'm faithful to asda so I haven't seen it myself. HTH

londonbabe said:
I have noticed a lot of you use Amla oil and I was just wondering what brands you use. Also what are the benefits? Do most of you use it instead of EVOO?:perplexed

Also for htose based in the UK (espeically London) where do you get your amla oil from?
I use Dabur Amla Oil and love it! :love: It makes my hair very strong and smells like bergamont grease to me. :lol: I still use EVOO b/c I switch my oils up, at times.

VWVixxen said:
I'm a faithful Amla user! I use the Dabur Amla but would like to be able to purchase it in larger quantities (1/2 or gallon sizes) so I may switch brands.

I've found using it that my hair is very healthy, shiny and very well moisturized. It's a definite staple in my regimen.

I recently used EVOO in a prepoo/conditioner treatment. I will try it again this weekend and use the Amla instead, if the results are just a good or better...I'll rotate the EVOO out of my regimen altogether!

You and me, both! :yep: I want it in a larger size, too, b/c the largest size that I've seen it in by Dabur was 500 ml. I tried making some myself, but I strained over and over and still couldn't get all of the amla powder out of the oil. :mad:

sareca said:
I wouldn't say it aids growth unless protecting from breakage counts.

Well, I'm inclined to say the same thing but from EVERYTHING I've read it's supposed to aid and encourage growth. Same with Bhrami and Bhringraj oils. Perhaps for those that are using it on their scalps, I've just never been inclined to do so.

londonbabe said:

Any asian hair store selling black prods wil lsell this. the best is Dabur.

been using this for years now, i dont add it to my scalp cos of the mineral oil content, and i get scalp build up FAST.

Makes ya hair darker and stronger.

VWVixxen said:
Well, I'm inclined to say the same thing but from EVERYTHING I've read it's supposed to aid and encourage growth. Same with Bhrami and Bhringraj oils. Perhaps for those that are using it on their scalps, I've just never been inclined to do so.

Yeah, I've never put it on my scalp either. I might give it a shot tho.

jaded_faerie said:
Does Amla aid in growth? One of my girl friends from India told me so.
The Dabur Amla Hair Oil instructions say to massage the scalp with it, leave in for a while, then shampoo. Used this way it might aid in growth. It has mineral oil, so don't leave it on the scalp without washing it out fairly quickly.

I use amla oil as part of my pre-poo treatment. It's the best for making my ends feel silky and smooth.

Back