Amla Oil & co-washing or shampoo?

LaBelleLL

Ladies,
I just bought my first bottle of Dabur's Amla Oil Gold. I read some old threads where people tended to use it as a pre-poo or hot oil treatment; I've decided to use it as a pre-poo. From the old threads, it appears as if most of the people washed it out with some sort of shampoo. I'm currently using no shampoo and would like to continue to do this. How do you guys feel about co-washing the Amla Oil out? Would it be difficult to remove all of the oil? Am I'm setting myself up for eventual build-up and breakage?

For those that do shampoo afterwards, what shampoos are you using? For those that co-wash, what conditioners are you using?

Thanks a million in advance.

I used the alma oil as a pre-poo and cowashed it out, you just have to rinse it for a lot longer then you normally would before you cowash. but I didn't do that too frequently though, so it may cause a build-up if you do it a lot.

Ladies,
I just bought my first bottle of Dabur's Amla Oil Gold. I read some old threads where people tended to use it as a pre-poo or hot oil treatment; I've decided to use it as a pre-poo. From the old threads, it appears as if most of the people washed it out with some sort of shampoo. I'm currently using no shampoo and would like to continue to do this. How do you guys feel about co-washing the Amla Oil out? Would it be difficult to remove all of the oil? Am I'm setting myself up for eventual build-up and breakage?

For those that do shampoo afterwards, what shampoos are you using? For those that co-wash, what conditioners are you using?

Thanks a million in advance.
Hey NaturallyCurly, I think there is no wrong way to use Amla oil, It's a good oil....one of my staple oils. I've been low on stock last couple months and definitley need to load up, haven't been using it as much lately...I used to drench my scalp with it while in braids and left it till washing, now that i've been mostly out of braids lately, I too need to find other ways to incorporate amla to my hair....be it before, during or after my weekly wash days. I mix it with my Ayurvedic powders and have added it to conditioners a couple of times, I need to step it back up and use it in my conditioner more often. And yes, it's great as a pre-poo!! Best of luck on your hair journey :yep: Anna

Back