Amazed by my Hair Growth

JazzAngel

I have been a bit discouraged lately. Then again I am always discouraged by this hair thing. Somehow I convinced myself that my hair has been breaking as quickly as it is growing. Shortly after I rave about gaining over an inch in a month, I then battle with dryness or some woe that forces me to trip some more hair. BUT today I discovered that it is not as bad as I thought. Thank God for documenting my hair growth with pictures.

My Hair Grows After all!!!

So what would you ladies say. Is this good growth within a year or is this below average? Quite honestly it is on my head so its a bit hard to tell.

Thanks
JA

Re: Amzed by my Hair Growth

WOW JazzAngel...your hair looks great!!! ANd it has definitely grown a whole lot. Keep up the good work
smile.gif

I think you did pretty well. You went from chin length to passed shoulder length in one year despite your dryness problem. That's not bad. Photo documentation is usually the only way I find out if my hair is growing too. I honestly didn't think my hair grew a lot from April to September but pictures say a thousand words.

YES! I think this is great growth within a year! You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
up.gif

JazzAngel...
shocked.gif
You grow girl!!!
clap.gif
Can't believe how much growth you've had in one year! Had to pick my jaw off the floor.
shocked.gif
Please share your regimen.
notworthy.gif

Your hair looks great! The growth is phenomenal, especially considering that it's in its curly state, when it's so hard to see length. Congrats
clap.gif

Thanks ladies. Honestly I cant lie you are picking up my feelings too. There seem to be so very many things that I can't use in my hair, mainly oils. Oils seems to really dry out my hair and it took me a while to realize that alot of the breakage come from too much oil coating my strands preventing the moisture from getting in.

My regime is very simple now.

I simply take Cod liver oil, Msm, Liquid Silica, Biotin and a multi vitamin. Also I try to have a diet high in protein. To me the protein diet makes all the difference. I try to consume anywhere from 80-100grams. I am also an avid runner.

I dont style my hair very well. It's quite simple. I part my hair down the center and twist it in two buns. Somehow it's acceptable. (pictures comming soon) The only thing I have been using these days which replaced my shea butter is the S-curl activator. On alternate days I apply 911 leave in conditoner. I must say that I am in love with this activator. My hair is quite soft and stays tangle free.

For many months I rinsed ever single day but these day I am lazy to handle my hiar so I wash and condition 2x a week.

Of all things that make dramatic differnce to my hiar is the protein diet and the activator gel.

JA

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Your hair looks great! The growth is phenomenal, especially considering that it's in its curly state, when it's so hard to see length. Congrats
clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know because I am in it, I fight to see and feel the differnce. The pictures say so but for me it is hard to feel the growth. Sometimes I get obsessed and annoyed, like today.

Girl your hair is doing great!!! Yes, and pics definitetly enable us to take a step back and see that our hair IS growing. I guess because we see our hair everyday it is hard to notice change. Keep up the good work!!

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
YES! I think this is great growth within a year! You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!
smile.gif

Girrrl,

You betta stop being annoyed with your hair !!! (smile) Your hair growth is TERRIFIC!! You have made great progress, and keep taking those pictures so that you will be able to keep the rest of us encouraged.

It looks like it not only got longer but that the overall health and thickness improved as well. You made a ton of progress!!

Good job!!:)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

CONGRATULATIONS, your hair is gorgeous, it is has grown at a considerable rate
clap.gif
, it is evidently thicker and healthier looking. You are an inspiration to all of us, I'm really proud of you, I know how much you struggled to overcome the breakage problems. Now, keep striving to achieve all your goals.
bouncy.gif

Your hair is growing like a weed, did you do the big chop or just trimmed as you transitioned?

i think youre a new hair inspiration for me- my hair is around where yours was a year ago- but 4b. now that i know how to care for it, i hope my hair can grow like yours! congrats!

Giiiiiirrrrrl. I was shocked when I saw the difference between January and October. You betta quit wondering. That's some amazing growth. You are doing just fine!!!!

perfect peace
Rose.gif

Ummmm...below average growth?!
shocked.gif
I want below average growth like that!
smile.gif
You've gotten a lot of growth in one year, Jazz Angel!
up.gif
I knew that even before I looked at your pix because I remember the inches in your signature going up and up and up.

Beeauuutiful curls!
Flahssssss.gif
I agree with Den1 ~ your hair IS inspirational! Thanks for sharing your pix.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Very inspiring for a fellow natural like me......Keep Growing..and keep the pictures coming
up.gif
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
Ummmm...below average growth?!
shocked.gif
I want below average growth like that!
smile.gif
You've gotten a lot of growth in one year, Jazz Angel!
up.gif
I knew that even before I looked at your pix because I remember the inches in your signature going up and up and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me laugh.
laugh.gif
But I was only concentrating on one spot for measurements and still holding my breath wondering, if every part had grown as well. Sometimes Our minds can be locked when it comes to observing our true selves.

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
Your hair is growing like a weed, did you do the big chop or just trimmed as you transitioned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I did not do the big chop. Are you mad? ME be with outout my faithfull tight bun? hahhah!
laugh.gif
Really I was very ignorant and lazy about hair care untill I found hair boards just one year ago. I just wet and applyed 911 leave in conditoner to all of my hair while transitioning. This was all I did and gradually the relaxed hair fell out.
ohwell.gif
A few times I would trim my hair then I realized one day that the curly part was quite long and there were straight thin parts, so I cut the thin parts. Then a friend of mine who started to loose his hair encouraged me to find the hair boards and learn to care for my natural hair. So here I am -- still learning.

cool.gif

Thanks everyone, you have really lifted my spirits. I only took those last pictures because a particular person kept asking for them. I was not sure what I should expect at the end of the year since removing the braids last year.

Thanks again for helping me to be optistimic about my hair.

Your hair has grown so much in a year! Thanks for inspiring me and all of us!

Back