Am I The Only Who Feels The Salon Doesn't Do Your Hair "fitting"

I totally agree. I'd been going to the same person for over 10 years and he did a good job keeping my hair healthy, but the styling always left much to be desired. I got tired of spending money only to leave feeling like I need to go home to restyle my hair. Over the years, I had given him pictures of what I was looking for and verbally told him what I want and he would always miss the mark. What I was asking for wasn't unrealistic. I've always chosen styles and cuts that work for the texture and density of my hair. I am so frustrated because I need the help of a stylist to keep my hair healthy, but I've lost confidence in them.

I totally agree. I'd been going to the same person for over 10 years and he did a good job keeping my hair healthy, but the styling always left much to be desired. I got tired of spending money only to leave feeling like I need to go home to restyle my hair. Over the years, I had given him pictures of what I was looking for and verbally told him what I want and he would always miss the mark. What I was asking for wasn't unrealistic. I've always chosen styles and cuts that work for the texture and density of my hair. I am so frustrated because I need the help of a stylist to keep my hair healthy, but I've lost confidence in them.

I know what you're saying about u give them styles taht aren't hard.
i just ask them to lay my hair right when i want to wear it down.......
is it really that hard.

but i can come in with breakage and rough ends and they can really transform the state of it.
but styling thats why i became a basic girl when it comes to hairstyles.

I've never left a salon feeling completely satisfied. So I stopped my sporadic visits about 14 years ago.

I've been into DIY hair and beauty since I was a child, so doing everything for myself now comes naturally and I've always been a product junkie at heart. I spent my Xmas gift money on hair and skin products at 10 and 11 y.o.....forget toys!

I always felt that male hair stylists were better at fitting my face that female. But not according to these posts. And my absolute best stylist was a female. I miss her!!!

I find that I often have to change my hair when I leave, too. I had one stylist who no matter what picture I took her, styled my hair the exact same way. She was wonderful for hair health but she was a one-trick pony when it came to styling.

The downside is that those who I have gone to for the best styles, are not at all concerned about the health of the hair. They will cut, burn, and over process if it means you leave the salon looking like an unpaid model for their services, but when it's time to change up the style you're stuck with too short, damaged, or overprocessed hair. Ugh. And the ones who get it all the way right charge you an arm, leg, and your firstborn.

Tea. I've never even had it straightened to my liking. Nobody can straighten my hair like me. That sounds so cocky but its just true. For the last 8 years the only thing i go to a salon for is a cut and maybe a formal do if needed (which hasn't been needed)

Back