Am I The Only One....

I hate other people doing my hair simply because they are too rough and careless with it. I cringe when I hear a comb being yanked through hair. I became a diyer so that I don't have to worry about that anymore.

It wasn't easy learning to care for my own hair. It took lots of patience, YouTube tutorials, perusing through threads and trial & error with products.

I hate getting my hair done for all of the above reasons but mostly because they are just too rough. The last time I got my hair done at a Dominican spot she started combing my dry hair all willy milly. I had to stop her and say can you please do that when you put the conditioner in.

Plus I find myself bringing all my own products. And still they want to charge me $50. It's annoying.

I wish LHCF offered a one day class to these salons just to give them basic advice on handling our hair.

I hate it too.

I hate the anxiety I feel trying to find a good stylist.
I hate doing lots of research, finally getting comfortable with a place, going there and being disappointed.
I hate being told to wait several hours beyond my appointment time.
I hate having the comb/brush/whatever yanked through my hair.
I hate stylists believing they have to blowdry my hair to style it.
I hate feeling bad about speaking up to them while I'm in the chair.

Worst of all I hate the dread I feel about looking at my ends to evaluate the extent of the damage they did.

(Lol, and a new hate: stylists who run on under your review and try to make it seem like the damage they clearly caused is your fault. I paid you and tipped you already, don't run on with me. Read: Diaspora Salon. Don't go there.)

I like the idea of someone else doing my hair but rarely has the experience been positive which is why I DIY.

Back