Am I texlaxed or Natural

ycj

About 2 months ago, I decided to do something to combat the tiny knots I had at the ends of my natural hair and used the s-curl out of the box! I only let it sit on my hair for only 3 minutes just to get rid of my knots! It did and my hair is thriving! But since I did this am I still considered natural? It can be confusing because when I poo and dc my hair and let it air dry it looks so dog gone nappy after it dries! I use the hs 14 in one for moist. and I also apply the curl activator/ moist. spray once in a blue moon to soften my hair!

Can anyone help me with this!

I think from the way it looks after it's air dried that I am still considered natural! Tell me if I am wrong!

I also decided not to use the s curl anymore. Just want it healthy on this long journey that's all!

All opinions and comments are welcomed and invited!

But my ends once the hs 14 in 1 is in is all good and there are no more knots!

My thoughts (and I think the general consensus will be) that if you put a chemical intented to relax or permanently alter the natural texture of your hair, no matter how long, you are no longer natural.

That being said, who cares?

Congrats on finding something that worked for your hair!:grin:

Anytime you use a chemical straightener/softener, you are considered chemically processed (no longer natural). You are probably considered texturized now.

I may be wrong, just giving you my opinion.

From my understanding S-Curl is a texturizer.Even though you only had it on your hair for 3 minutes it probably could have still altered your texture.Just because your hair has texture when it's wet and after it's been airdried doesn't mean that you consider your hair natural.

About 2 months ago, I decided to do something to combat the tiny knots I had at the ends of my natural hair and used the s-curl out of the box! I only let it sit on my hair for only 3 minutes just to get rid of my knots! It did and my hair is thriving! But since I did this am I still considered natural? It can be confusing because when I poo and dc my hair and let it air dry it looks so dog gone nappy after it dries! I use the hs 14 in one for moist. and I also apply the curl activator/ moist. spray once in a blue moon to soften my hair!

Can anyone help me with this!

I think from the way it looks after it's air dried that I am still considered natural! Tell me if I am wrong!

I also decided not to use the s curl anymore. Just want it healthy on this long journey that's all!

All opinions and comments are welcomed and invited!

But my ends once the hs 14 in 1 is in is all good and there are no more knots!

I use to do a watered down version of the just for me texturizer....I'd put olive oil and sunflower oil in the mixture and let it sit to weaken it, then put on the middle/or crown area of my head for about 5 mins. I considered the middle of my hair texlaxed and the rest natural. I did the last one about a year ago, plus did a BC. So I call myself natural now, since it was only a small section of my hair and it's been almost a year now. This helped me to learn my hair better, now I don't feel I need anything/chemical.

Back