Am I Natural?

BLESSED1

Hi everyone, quick question: once I'm done transitioning and have cut off all of my old relaxed hair, I still plan on dying my off black hair jet black, which I've been doing for the last couple of years. I use a semi permanent dye from Creme of Nature about every 6 months. Could I still be classified as "natural", or does the use of dye that's not henna make me not natural? Share your thoughts please
wink.gif

Methinks you'll still be natural. I consider natural to be the opposite of relaxed. But that's just MHO.

Yes you'd be natural since you won't be chemically altering the structure of your hair. Many naturals use color or highlight too!

I am going to go against the grain and say no.
But I also say, who cares what other people "consider" you to be. Do whatcha like.
grin.gif

You are napptural...technically not natural because of the hair dye. To me natural means just that...all natural...no chemicals.

I am napptural too though. I love me some jet black dye.

ETA: I just read that you use semi-permanent dye...which technically is not really altering your hair in any way. I would say that yes you are natural. Semi-permanent dye to me is just like using any other hair product that just sits on top of the hair(moisturizers, etc.) Permanent hair dye actually alters the hair, so I would think then you wouldn't be natural.

Just my two cents! Of course you are free to call yourself anything that your heart desires.

Thanks ladies! I was wondering about this and just needed some input to help clear that up, I was having a discussion about that with a friend who does not have a relaxer and dyes her hair with henna.

i read somewhere that someone had an allergic reaction to dye that made her face puff up huge like E.T.

just be careful.

you can dye your hair black with henna. the lady at everdayhenna.com is very helpful if you're interested.

Yeah I saw that article! But I've been using this dye for the past 2 years on my newgrowth and relaxed hair and I haven't had any problems, knock on wood...
hammer.gif

Back