Am I missing something

vsantina

Hi All,

I'm a newbie finally coming out of lurkdome to ask a question. I am transitioning, currently at about 21 weeks. I have a neck length bob, and am trying to go without any heat for the first time ever! I've been praciticing braid outs, and although it was tough at first, I am a lot more confident with the technique. The problem I am having is that my hair is ubber dry all of sudden with the braid outs. I'm on the mtg bandwagon, AND I've been applying jojoba oil like crazy, but my hair is still dry. To make matters worse, I'm having to re-braid my hair nightly to keep my style in tact. With re-braiding comes untangling my hair. I've noticed that my ends are just snaping away and it's shedding a lot more than normal. Also keep in mind that the back part of my hair that use to be tapered is 100% natural, whereas the rest of my hair is about 40% natural / 60% relaxed with phyto being my last relaxer in May. Am I missing something? :confused:

TIA

your post seems you are lacking proper moisture in you routine. oils do not provide moisture but rather seal it in. check out the Sticky thread created by Sistaslick on obtaining proper moisture.

I agree with Cooyah, oils are not moisture. Get a moisturizer that's first ingredient is water. Oils will dry your hair out, because you're sealing all of the moisture out.

THANKS SO MUCH!!! I went home, pre-pooed, washed and deep conditioned. But before doing my twist, I applied s curl to my hair, then applied the jojoba oil. This morning my hair felt amazing! Thanks again!!!!!:D

I was just gonna reinerate what everyone one else has said. I think (especially while transitioning) it is very important to moisturize daily. VERY important.

Back