Am I Lame?? Question

tiffjust2002

Okay first off hey ya'll :hiya:
So I had won the Curl's line awhile back in a giveaway the sulfate free shampoo, condish, deep condish, leave in condish and styling creme and gel I think. Well anyway I mainly have been using the shampoo and condish now I feel like at the time my scalp is clean but then maybe like a day or two later it is itchy (I have dry itchy scalp as it is mind you) but by like day 3-4 I want to scratch my scalp off.

Do ya'll think it's because I am using a sulfate free shampoo and condish but still using cones in my styling aids?

I use like Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing stuff or that Bejia Flores (I might have spelled that wrong) thick creme for kinks, curls and coils, sometimes Eco styler gel the olive oil kind or sometime Ouidad's gel and then coconut oil. I don't know if any of those have cones or not but those are my styling aids and it just seems like my hair doesn't like this new shampoo and condish with my regular styling stuff.

thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

When is the last time you clarified? Are you making sure you rub your scalp good with the sulfate free poo? And do you put product directly on your scalp?

When is the last time you clarified? Are you making sure you rub your scalp good with the sulfate free poo? And do you put product directly on your scalp?

I just recently clarified, I do it once a month and nope the only thing I put on my scalp directly is coconut oil sometimes, not often though but everything else no I don't rub on my scalp.

And yep I rub my scalp good, at least I think I do when I am pooing, for a good about 30-60 seconds in each section I am rubbing

Not every product works for everybody. I had tried The Lisa Rachel co-cleanser a while back, and it was a total disaster. It almost caused me to have a setback, because my scalp immediately had a reaction. I think I ended up having to run some neem over my scalp, and sat under a cap for a few hours, before washing my hair again. I use cones a lot, and that was the new thing that got added to the mix, so I knew what the culprit was.

similar to mrsjaidiva you could be allergic, actually I have used the Coconut Curlada conditioner and Curly Q's coconut cream conditioner and my scalp would burn soon after applying either one...not sure if either of these are the conditioner you use but i imagine the ingredients may be similar

I have no idea what ingredient or combination of ingredients causes this reaction for me because I have never had such a reaction with any other products and me being a pj, i've tried dozens of products without and have never experienced that type of burn...well other than a relaxer

I normally have dry and itchy scalp and stay away from shampoos with sulfates. I have also found that some sulfate free shampoos cause my scalp to itch just as bad as a shampoo with sulfate. I had to try a few sulfate free shampoos before I found one that would not cause my scalp to itch. So far I can only use the shampoo from the line of Loreal Sulfate Free Shampoos without my scalp feeling like it's on fire.

I normally have dry and itchy scalp and stay away from shampoos with sulfates. I have also found that some sulfate free shampoos cause my scalp to itch just as bad as a shampoo with sulfate. I had to try a few sulfate free shampoos before I found one that would not cause my scalp to itch. So far I can only use the shampoo from the line of Loreal Sulfate Free Shampoos without my scalp feeling like it's on fire.

Yes maybe that's it, maybe it just doesn't work for me, I am lame cause I didn't even think of that :lachen:I thought because I was using cones that the sulfate free poo wasn't working right :ohwell: ha ha well I am going to stop using it cause it is obviously a no-go for me I've tried it like 3 times already I just hate having lots of produt left over, oh well I'll give it away to my friend or my mom

Thanks ladies for the input! I surely needed it.

similar to mrsjaidiva you could be allergic, actually I have used the Coconut Curlada conditioner and Curly Q's coconut cream conditioner and my scalp would burn soon after applying either one...not sure if either of these are the conditioner you use but i imagine the ingredients may be similar

I have no idea what ingredient or combination of ingredients causes this reaction for me because I have never had such a reaction with any other products and me being a pj, i've tried dozens of products without and have never experienced that type of burn...well other than a relaxer

I had a reaction like this with Kinky-Curly. Even tho i loved what it do for my hair...something in it made my scalp itch like CRAZY!!!:spinning:

Idk if Ouidad does but the other products you listed are cone-free. :yep:

Back