AM I GOING BALD??!?

PinkGyrl

Ladies, please help.

I had self relaxed with ORS last monday, which failed. Well since then, the middle back part of my head has been feeling very thin. I summed it up to be because it is the first place that i started to relax. However, that spot has been itching like crazy and when i scratch it starts burning. It does itch in other places but specifically and consistently that area. I don't know what I should do.
Did I damage that area? Is all the itching supposed to mean I am losing hair there? AM I GOING TO GO BALD?

I haven't had a "real" relaxer since March 4, 2006 and my hair is breaking and shedding really bad. I want to do a corrective relaxer but I am worried about that area in the back of my head.

I am really concerned and I really do need some advice.

HELP....:(

You are NOT going to go bald, don't worry about that. :)

But PLEASE don't do another relaxer!!!! At least not yet, it sounds like you may have done some damage.
If it's still itching, all I can think of is maybe you didn't get all the relaxer off your scalp, especially in that area. Either that or you may be allergic to the ingredients in the ORS relaxer...have you used it before?

Hi Pinkgyrl,

My hair tends to itch after a relaxer as well, and I use a mild lye relaxer. I don't think you're going bald, just may have some reaction to the relaxer. I would say wash with a neutralizing shampoo and then do a protein treatment like Nexus Emergencee to help repair any damage that the relaxer might have done. I don't know what the itching is about, one of the other members may be able to shed some light on that, but I go through the same thing after a relaxer. Hope this helps.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WHEN MY STYLIST USED ORS OLIVE OIL ON MY HAIR. IT ITCHED ALL THE WAY HOME. I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING CRAZY. I DID NOT LOSE MY HAIR BUT ONCE I GOT HOME, I DID WASH WITH NEUTRALIZING SHAMPOO AND USED LOTS AND LOTS OF CHOLESTEROL WITH ALOE CONDITIONER UNDER THE DRYER AND IT HELPED A LOT. MAKE SURE YOU OIL YOUR SCALP WITH SOMETHING LIGHT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT I WON'T BE USING IT AGAIN.

Thanx for the replies you all.

I will be purchasing some neutralizing shampoo tomorrow.

I deep conditioned with goldstyle cholesterol and rubbed some olive oil on my scalp. IT BURNED LIKE CRAZY!

Hopefully, the neutralizing shampoo will help.

Do you all think an aphogee treatment will be too much?

Also remember that itching could indicate healing. I don't know if it itched immediately or days later. If it's the latter that relaxer probably 'hurt' your scalp and it's healing.

Well I went a purchases Isoplus Neutralizing Shampoo and Cream of Nature Neautralizing Shampoo.

I used them and left it on for like 5 minutes each.

The itching has went away but it just lightly burns. The area is tender to touch.

I just hope this doesnt affect my hair growth. I have been taking better care of my hair for 2 months now and I would hate for this incident to damage or impede my hair journey.:(

I also used some hair mayo.
I am going to use some more cholesterol on my hair.

My hair is shedding and breaking like crazy. The front of my hair looks like it hasn't been hit with a relaxer. I think its breaking because I have all this newgrowth.

Does anyone have any more suggestions on what I should do? :confused: I don't want to relax because the back of my head is suffering but the front is suffering also because I haven't relaxed. Advice, anyone??

Well some ladies on the forum (can't remember which ones) relax there hair in sections anyway. Maybe you could just relax the front part of your hair and leave the back alone.

ghanaian dime said:
Hi Pinkgyrl,

My hair tends to itch after a relaxer as well, and I use a mild lye relaxer. I don't think you're going bald, just may have some reaction to the relaxer. I would say wash with a neutralizing shampoo and then do a protein treatment like Nexus Emergencee to help repair any damage that the relaxer might have done. I don't know what the itching is about, one of the other members may be able to shed some light on that, but I go through the same thing after a relaxer. Hope this helps.
Yeah, my head used to itch (not burn) as well until I switched to Phyto. I think you left it in contact with your scalp for too long. And I would suggest neutralizing again..

Back