Am I doing something wrong- naturally confused

CurlyDiggy

I am newly natural. My last relaxer was 10/09 I big chopped 11/10. For the past month i have been rocking a twist out and i have implemented MTG in my regimen. I havent seen my hair straight since Nov of last year. Am i doing something wrong ??? because it does not seem as if my hair is growing. I wash and deep condition weekly and im on a no heat personal challenge till may. I was thinking im not noticing growth because im not getting relaxers and seeing my NG but im not sure. Any Naturals have any input

It's only been a couple of months. Please remember that hair only grows .5 inches on average, and it takes more length to see a difference with curly hair because it shrinks and is tightly curled/coiled.

take pics!! i always feel like my hair is staying the same length until i compare it to pics i took in the previous months...also shrinkage can make it look like your hair isnt growing, so you can always measure your hair with a ruler, or stretch it with your fingers like once a month or once every few months and track were it falls on your body when you stretch it.

I agree with EllePixie and Iri9109. Give your hair a bit of time and use pictures to help document your hair growth. Shrinkage can hide a tremendous amount of length.

As long as your hair feels moisturized and isn't breaking off, I wouldn't assume that you're doing anything wrong, just b/c growth isn't apparent yet.

Btw, welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks for the advice ladies... I will get out my digital camera.. And thank u semo for the welcome

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back