Am I being too Neurotic about a few strands

Pepperanne3662

Last night I went to the salon for a wash and set. This was the second time I have gone to this salon and both ladies (one who washed, another who blew the roots) were not there. In any case, when the stylist came time to set my wet hair she seemed to be a little rough with the untangling/comb out and I noticed a few strands. Now I understand a few strands are going to come out but I realized if this happens every week I go for a wash and set, how can I notice growth if she is pulling them out
frown.gif

Granted it was not a HEAP full, but a little more than I wanted to see in that fine rat tail comb. I would say my hair is normal for relaxed/color rinsed hair so I know it's not dry and I don't experience severe hair loss or breakage with normal combing.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling or am I being nuerotic
nuts.gif

I don't think you should worry about it...but I can understand how you feel. I don't like it when I feel someone is not as careful with my hair as I am. The next time ask her if you could comb it out yourself(tell her your are tenderheaded...even if you are not). Maybe she'll be more gentle..or do like I did once...I just yelled out "ouch!" everyone in the shop looked over...she got the picture..

Ummmmmm.....not for nothing, I would not let that hairstylist touch my locks again....and losing few strands of hair should not affect your hair growth and leave you bald.........if you do not notice any thinning, then you are okay.........

Thanks yall. No Sherry, I don't see any thinning but I imagine that she is popping the hairs off and now I am left with bristle broom stick hair which would be ugly when frizzy (like today
frown.gif

But you are right about that... I will DEFINITELY speak up...shoo every strand counts
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks yall. No Sherry, I don't see any thinning but I imagine that she is popping the hairs off and now I am left with bristle broom stick hair which would be ugly when frizzy (like today
frown.gif

But you are right about that... I will DEFINITELY speak up...shoo every strand counts
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

PepperAnne- please do not go back to her. Wait for the other two (2)ladies even if you have to call before you come.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I am so choosy about who does my hair.......

Yeah Sherry, I think I am definitely going to do that. Now that I know that other lady is not who I would want on a regular basis to treat my hair.

Thanks alot
smile.gif

Yeah I would wait. At a salon I was testing out near my home the woman roller setting pulled out so much hair it would have made a good size highlight.
swearing.gif

I would turn around and run away as fast as I can!!!
I will never understand why they use those tiny combs on our fragile hair!
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should worry about it...but I can understand how you feel. I don't like it when I feel someone is not as careful with my hair as I am. The next time ask her if you could comb it out yourself(tell her your are tenderheaded...even if you are not). Maybe she'll be more gentle..or do like I did once...I just yelled out "ouch!" everyone in the shop looked over...she got the picture..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea and watch her have a stroke! I tried that with my stylist not too long ago and almost had to find a new one.

He was pissed off when I combed out my own hair because HE starts at the roots, which is wrong when detangling wet hair, and he uses cheap, plastic combs.

Anyway, I pretty much stay out of the salon unless it's time for a touch up. I just don't trust stylists. Most of them don't know the first thing about caring for long hair.

[ QUOTE ]
..or do like I did once...I just yelled out "ouch!" everyone in the shop looked over...she got the picture..

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
smile.gif

I have got to try this one. My stylist would probably be mortified, but I bet he'd be a lot more careful.

You know what I think I am going to do from now on (since that so far has been the only issue I have) is bring my OWN DANG COMB!! Yep, that is what i am going to do!! Being that I am new I might as well get a good behavior started that tells them I am not going to be taking their foolishness.

Other than that, they were ok. Prices were good and they used good products.

And Cutebajan...I feel ya on that one..sometimes I think the same thing, like that could have been a "roller" (hair for another roller)
frown.gif
grrrrr

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea and watch her have a stroke! I tried that with my stylist not too long ago and almost had to find a new one.

He was pissed off when I combed out my own hair because HE starts at the roots, which is wrong when detangling wet hair, and he uses cheap, plastic combs.

Anyway, I pretty much stay out of the salon unless it's time for a touch up. I just don't trust stylists. Most of them don't know the first thing about caring for long hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is soooo true! I can't stand how roughly stylist like to comb wet hair - makes me CRINGE!

Once upon a time, my stylist told me that my hair looked good, and my ends were healthy - so I told her not to trim my ends. Y'all know what this hefer did?? She started yanking a comb through my hair and literally stabbed me in my head with the blow dryer attachment each time she pulled it through my hair. Tons of broken hairs were all over my white shirt. I was soooo mad! All because I didn't want a trim. Chickenhead.

Needless to say, I never went back, and I now fully take care of my locks.

Back