Am I alone?

Short hair like the pics you posted are super hot! I love Rihanna's many styles too. I say go for it if you love that style..

you can always grow it out if and when you get tired of it.

ME TOO! When she first cut her hair, I was googly eyed over her hair for days lol

I have always loved the severe bob cut. unfortunately my bangs were never long enought to pull the look off :(
but now they are and sometimes I think
ooohhh I could get that cut now

However, LHCF has my curiousity up I need to know how long I can grow my hair if I stick to a healthy hair plan.

That is one of my issues too, I want to see where I can get my hair length. But then if I get it really long I bet I'd never dare cut it! lol

Girl! I just pm'd you earlier, I love your hair natural, and I am sure it will look just as good with a relaxer, Everytime I went natural I said I would never relax again and end up relaxing and then going back natural, I always get support no matter what I choose. I say go for it! and I been here since 2003(had to re-register in 2005)

Thank you! I feel like I will be on that cycle too. I kind of want to find my "signature" style. You know how Halle's signature is the short cuts... I just want to say - "this is me." Sometimes I don't feel like my hair really represents who I am.

I also get Bored really easily...That's why I fell in love with wigs (I change up so much, some of my friends are like, "Which "HAT" are u wearing tonight")..lol... I think all of the styles that u've shown are cute.. Why don't you cornroll ur hair and try a Short wig? That way you can have the best of BOTH worlds. If u decide to cut it, that would be OK too b/c its ur hair and you have to live with it and love it. It doesn't matter what ppl think (in ref from going from natural to relaxed)... It's ur head, and a girl should be free to change her mind :yep: Welp, that's just my 2 cents from one Barbie to another.....

I say weave it up into a short do until the feeling passes.

I'm most def contemplating a wig. And see how I like it. I probably won't do a weave though. don't trust too much of anybody in my head and I don't know a thing about how to do a weave. :nono:

I love short hair too, when i was relaxed i spend like 7 years wearinf very short hair and i love it, im thinking about it too (have them again) but as i know my hair will damage with the awful relaxers they sold in here, i will o for a sew or a wig

well, anything you do i hope we´ll see pics

What relaxer were you using?

ITA wig it. That way you still have the versatility of a long to short do without the commitment. That's what I've been doing with my twa.

Wigs are great for temporary, but if I decide I love it I will want to cut it. I don't like the idea of long term weave (for me). It just doesn't feel right.

Ultimately its YOUR decision to make....short style are fierce!!! however, (not to confuse you further) I wouldnt cut/relax it. Your hair in its natural state is beautiful. I remember all the many times I was itching to relax my natural head, but I stuck through all the trials and turbulations.....Now its been almost 3 years and I'm IN LOVE with my hair (especially the length I retained) and I know I would've regreted relaxing it.

Just think about whether or not you are willing to begin the natural process all over again. 1.5 years has done alot for your hair and I can tell by your siggy!....But again its your decision, Im sure you will look beautiful which ever route you choose to go!!!

Good Luck!

What relaxer were you using?
It was a mexican relaxer, my hair started to fall and i dont want to go trough that again. nono. I never had a problem with relaxers before i use to have ORS but i cant fin them here. Besides im in love with my curls now.

Even there´s a lot of afromexicans, they havent improve in the relaxers area :nono:

I've always been a fan of the short straight styles. I've had them for quite a few years before I decided to grow my hair long and grow out the relaxer. If a relaxer is something you're sure about then of course go for it, but it's hard for me to encourage you to chop all your hair off cuz i'm trying to grow mine out and this is a forum for long hair lol.... but of course, whatever makes you happy.

So I'm feeling a bit "needy" right now. I've been natural for a year and 5 months. I've always been the type to switch up my hair because of boredom. So keeping my hair in it's natural state for that amount of time has been very surprising. Yesterday I went out to a club and saw so many women with these wonderful short short hair cuts! I have had this love for extremely short cuts with long flirtatious bangs forever. I have had my hair short before, and LOVED it.... I honestly can't recall why I ever grew my hair back out. But the point of this post is... I'm feeling such an urge to do a short cut again. I am posting this here on LHCF because I know that I won't be judged for being natural and wanting to possibly revisit relaxers for the love of a short do. They are chic, simple, elegant, and fun. I love that they can be styled edgy 1 day, and glamourous the next. I also love that it was so quick styling my hair when it was short.

I know this site is ideally about LONG hair, but if I do go back to relaxing I would possibly have to learn my hair all over again. I don't know much about relaxed hair care anymore. I'm just feeling so lost right now.

Yes, most want long hair, but first and foremost its about healthy hair, and in My honest opinion it seems easiest to keep Your hair healthy when its short, its also low-maintenace and sheek. You look Very Nice with short hair, Very Nice!, Just take Your time and think about the change and if after some thought you still want to go through with it, then Go for it!

You know, I've been curious at times about having a short cut, but then I think they probably wouldn't suit me, as I don't have the most feminine face :/, so long hair is what I am opting for. But if you really want the short cut, go for it! :)

Honestly your natural hair looks way better than any of the pics in those mags you posted. Your natch hair is too cute in that first pic you posted.

Honestly your natural hair looks way better than any of the pics in those mags you posted. Your natch hair is too cute in that first pic you posted.

Well that is def a really flattering compliment! Maybe when July rolls around I'll be posting more NATURAL pics, but maybe they will be short short hair. I'm kind of scared to be honest even though it didn't take me long to grow my hair out.

You know, I've been curious at times about having a short cut, but then I think they probably wouldn't suit me, as I don't have the most feminine face :/, so long hair is what I am opting for. But if you really want the short cut, go for it! :)

aww thanks for the support!

Yes, most want long hair, but first and foremost its about healthy hair, and in My honest opinion it seems easiest to keep Your hair healthy when its short, its also low-maintenace and sheek. You look Very Nice with short hair, Very Nice!, Just take Your time and think about the change and if after some thought you still want to go through with it, then Go for it!

Thank you! My goal is def about maintenance, chicness, and I'm growing tired of my hair. (I know it's bad, but I'm honest?)

I've always been a fan of the short straight styles. I've had them for quite a few years before I decided to grow my hair long and grow out the relaxer. If a relaxer is something you're sure about then of course go for it, but it's hard for me to encourage you to chop all your hair off cuz i'm trying to grow mine out and this is a forum for long hair lol.... but of course, whatever makes you happy.

lol I know huh! I was not sure if it was appropriate or not, but I didn't know where to turn. LHCF ALWAYS has an array of honest opinions, that is what I love. Nappturality.com would have killed me.

It was a mexican relaxer, my hair started to fall and i dont want to go trough that again. nono. I never had a problem with relaxers before i use to have ORS but i cant fin them here. Besides im in love with my curls now.

Even there´s a lot of afromexicans, they havent improve in the relaxers area :nono:

Can't you order them offline? NOT that I'm telling you to relax, just curious.

Ultimately its YOUR decision to make....short style are fierce!!! however, (not to confuse you further) I wouldnt cut/relax it. Your hair in its natural state is beautiful. I remember all the many times I was itching to relax my natural head, but I stuck through all the trials and turbulations.....Now its been almost 3 years and I'm IN LOVE with my hair (especially the length I retained) and I know I would've regreted relaxing it.

Just think about whether or not you are willing to begin the natural process all over again. 1.5 years has done alot for your hair and I can tell by your siggy!....But again its your decision, Im sure you will look beautiful which ever route you choose to go!!!

Good Luck!

Well thank you for the advice kkarma! I guess i'm not really afraid of losing my length, I'm more so afraid of them cutting it and not doing it EXACTLY how I want. I don't know any salons like that. I never was a salon head. I told myself I'd try to wait until my hair got to a certain length then decide if I want to cut it, but then I thought some more and decided that maybe I'd wait some months and not years because I believe in living in the moment for the most part!

Yes this is LONG HAIR CARE FORUM! But I have been here for 7 years and have always had SHORT, BUT HEALTHY GROWING HAIR! I always chose to chop it off and I still get support. I hope in a Year my hair is where yours is!!!

Don't do it just yet. I was natural for a year and 4 months when I relaxed and cut it short because I was bored. I too am one of those ppl. who gets easily bored with her hair so I understand. A short cut is nice but it can also a lot of upkeep so make sure it's a decision you really want to make. Do you want to cut because you saw a lot of fly girls in the club with short cuts or do you want to cut because you really want to cut? Remember short cuts look fierce right after they are done, but the everyday short style can look :/ if you know what I mean. I see a lot of that.

I say get a fierce short weave so you can think about what you want to do.

I am really feeling those short cuts too.

There is a really fierce one in the current Essence mag with the Obama's on the cover.

I will never relax my hair again though (no judgement on anyone else) . I say do you!

I was really contemplating on how I could adapt it to my natural hair . I could see how a variation of the cut would be adorable on natural hair .

Back