Alternating Moisture/Protein

spacetygrss

I have the JOICO KPAK line (which I really like) and just ordered the Moisture Recovery Line. I am thinking that I will alternate each week between the two and then keep my daily cowashes in between my real, weekly shampoo/DC's as is. My hair ADORES protein but, of course, it also loves moisture so I feel as if this should do well for me.

Anyone else have a similar regimen and has it worked well for you?

I have the JOICO KPAK line (which I really like) and just ordered the Moisture Recovery Line. I am thinking that I will alternate each week between the two and then keep my daily cowashes in between my real, weekly shampoo/DC's as is. My hair ADORES protein but, of course, it also loves moisture so I feel as if this should do well for me.

Anyone else have a similar regimen and has it worked well for you?

hi there,

I am alternating between the two, as well. So far, my hair seems to be responding well. Good luck with your usage and HHG!

This is my problem too. How do you know when your hair needs protein vs. moisture vs. BOTH.

I also bought some Joico. Joico K-Pak Reconstructor and then the Moisture Recovery conditioner.

Lately i've just been alternating. Hard to differentiate when my hair needs more protein or moisture.

Someone chime in and lets us know.

As a natural, sometimes it's hard to tell when I need protein, so I just learn how my hair works with the moisture, then I know I need protein.

I always feel that when my hair feels too mushy, so to speak, then I need to do a protein treatment. I use Aubreys Organic GPB for my protein treatment and it works wonderful because it also has moisterizing properties in it and it gives just the right amount of balance in the hair:yep:

I just recently purchased the Joico Moisture Balm Treatment and I really like it. I like the smell too...smells nice.

After the protein treatment, my hair always feels so nice and looks nice too afterwards and then I just do moisture treatments after that...I do a protein treatment once a month.

Even though I use the OCT/MT, it doesn't bother my hair at all. I don't use the OCT/MT on the length of my hair, only the scalp..so it doesn't affect my hair.

HTH a little:yep:

Back