Also, a few pics of Interlock Weave method by Clem Lue Yat

HoneyDew

A few people in the past had asked about this method. I got it for the 1st time a few months ago with Goddess Remy. There were no cornrows or braids. She just used thread.

interlock2.html

interlock3.html

It looks very flat, how long does it last before the thread starts to get loose?
If there are no braids that means your hair is out right?

I used to live a block away from this salon. Every now and then I got my hair done there, but never a weave.

To answer Sassy's question, I think they put a hairnet on your head and sew it into that. HoneyDew, correct me if I'm wrong.

Most of my hair was out. It was just flat ironed to blend in and that is why I did not like it. I am trying to protect it and the constant flat ironing scares me.

I am not sure how she did it, but basically there was a part, and a very small section of my hair was sort of pinched and the thread was sort of lightly wrapped around it and then sewn onto the track. One track would have several sections sewn. Then she would part again and a section of my hair was left over to cover. Then another wefted section and then another loose section and so on. It was VERY flat and I loved having access to my scalp for washing and moisturizing. Great for the edges because there was not risk of breakage in that area. I just could not deal with the heat styling. Everyone loved my hair when it was like that. I still have people asking about that style.

Again, too much of my hair was left out. It sould be tightened every 3 or 4 weeks, but I had it removed at the 4 weeks mark. It was quite expensive - abhout $400 including the relax and style. Actually more because I brought my own hair. I am still kicking myself over spending so much. I just wanted to try a weave and give my hair a break from braiding.

I think it would be good for someone wearing a curly or natural style that did not need flat ironing. As a matter of fact, that is how the stylist had her hair.

I got it done here (there are pictures): http://www.petalshairsalon.com/

That is alot of money if it has to be taken out at 4 weeks, I wouldnt be able to stomach that. But it does look great, I dont like having my hair out though.

It was so hard to take it out. But, it hurt me everytime I had to flat iron my hair to make it match with that Goddess Remy Yaki. I still have my boyfriend giving me crap about that money I wasted. Even the stylist thought I was nutty.

While I was wearing that weave, I went to a pretty dressy wine tasting. I slicked it all back into a high ponytail - my hair looked so good and classy and I felt like a million bucks. But, now that I have my braids back in and my hair is nice and protected, I feel really great.

Now my flat iron is back to collecting dust where it belongs. :)

HoneyDew said:
It was so hard to take it out. But, it hurt me everytime I had to flat iron my hair to make it match with that Goddess Remy Yaki. I still have my boyfriend giving me crap about that money I wasted. Even the stylist thought I was nutty.

While I was wearing that weave, I went to a pretty dressy wine tasting. I slicked it all back into a high ponytail - my hair looked so good and classy and I felt like a million bucks. But, now that I have my braids back in and my hair is nice and protected, I feel really great.

Now my flat iron is back to collecting dust where it belongs. :)

As long as you were happy in the end with it. Did you have to go to the place that you got the style to take it down, I would be too scared to do it myself.

I need to put away my flat iron so to take care of that Ima get a curly weave next.

Back