Alopecia...has anyone ever dealt with it??

mrspgh95

Hi All...
I have a friend whose son has alopecia...has anyone ever dealt with this and does anyone have any "natural" remedies for it that I can pass on to my friend???

Thanks all...

Jojoba Oil 3ml, Grapeseed Oil 20ml, Cedarwood 2drops Lavender 3 drops,Rosemary 3 drops and Thyme 2 drops all are essential oils. Mix them together and message the oils on the bald spot twice per day and wrap hair in a hot towel for 15 minutes.

My mother has now has full alopecia. It was recommended that she take niacin, vitamin e and an iron supplement. Everything was internal--no external remedies. There a lady that instructed me in braiding, her son developed alopecia around 17 and she stated that after two years the condition was permanent.

Whoever finds the majic formula to cure this will make a fortune.

I would say have the dr do blood work. I had a bald spot and my iron was low. Iron pills cleared it up fast!
Aloepecia is an auto-immune disease so it could be anything. The dermatologist can give a topical treatment. Also some had good results with shots in the head (dont know what kind but the dermatologist does) but said it was costly. Main thing is keep trying until you exhausted all resources, then learn how to live with it because all aloepecia cannot be cured. Hope that was helpful

There are a few alopecia survivors on the board. I had alopecia aereta. No longer here. I share my story here. More progress photos later in that thread. If you don't want to do all that reading, I share just pics in another thread where the remedy I used was being discussed. Here is my post.

Another survivor that gets my utmost respect is VickiD. Hers was extensive and was going on two years before she found relief, and is no longer a victim of that condition.

ETA: When I had bald spots (It wasn't just that one but that was the biggest of all) I did everything I could to find a cure. I didn't dismiss anything no matter how dumb it sounded. I didn't know of the scalp exercise back then that is believed to help. I would implore anyone suffering with this condition to do whatever they can, as long as you aren't combining meds that could react adversely with each other (When in doubt, ask a doctor). The scalp exercise I mention gets props on a forum of people suffering from hair loss (same website whose link I'll give below). The administrator, Tom Hagerty, is a matter-of-fact, down-to-earth guy who doesn't make hocus pocus promises, but believes in this exercise. I recommend you do it. After all, what have you got to lose? Even if you don't have hair loss, improved circulation won't hurt. Plus it'll smooth out your forehead and give you a nice "awake" and relaxed look. Please read through the website, or at least "My Approach":
www.hairloss-reversible.com

Last edited:
Back