Aloe Vera Gel users

scorpian

I want to get pure aloe vera gel. Does it matter if the gel is clear or colored?I can't find the fruit of the earth gel and I see a lot of posts that rave about that one.Is there another brand that someone can recommend?

I think green might be ok, def not blue(usually has menthol), you need to look at the ingredients. I couldn't find FOTE either so I bought the CVS brand.

scorpian said:
I want to get pure aloe vera gel. Does it matter if the gel is clear or colored?I can't find the fruit of the earth gel and I see a lot of posts that rave about that one.Is there another brand that someone can recommend?

Did you try drugstore.com? I ordered mine from there...

Have you ladies tried looking at WalMart? I found it last month over in the SunCare/SunTan lotion section. I've looked in a few other drug stores and found it in the same sections there as well.

I only use the clear kind (FOTE).

Last edited:
senimoni said:
I think green might be ok, def not blue(usually has menthol), you need to look at the ingredients. I couldn't find FOTE either so I bought the CVS brand.

I was in the CVS yesterday and I was wondering if the store brand was ok.I'll check that one out later today. thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
VWVixxen said:
Have you ladies tried looking at WalMart? I found it last month over in the SunCare/SunTan lotion section. I've looked in a few other drug stores and found it in the same sections there as well.

I only use the clear kind.

I have been stalking Walmart for months and they never have any in my area :mad: Maybe they'll start stocking up now that the weather is warmer and the stores are pulling out their suntan supplies.

thanks vixxen :)

Scorpian, you're most welcome! It's so inexpensive there, if you need a sista to send ya some...holla! Hopefully though, they'll get some in!

ekomba said:
I use the clear kind, it s a gallon one from Lily of the desert whole leaf aloe vera gel. i bought it at Vitamin Shoppe for 19.19 in dec/jan it last a lonnnnnnnnnnng time it still filled up even though i used a lot. you can also try the vitamin shoppe online
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=LV-1012

Thanks Ekomba :)
I think that I saw that one at GNC. I'm going to the store later so I have to check it out. I'm trying to cut back on my online orders. I'm still waiting for two packages to come in the mail. Shipping and handling it's getting to be a whole new expense.

VWVixxen said:
Scorpian, you're most welcome! It's so inexpensive there, if you need a sista to send ya some...holla! Hopefully though, they'll get some in!

Your so sweet.I may take you up on that if i don't have any luck at GNC or CVS but I should be good.Some DDTA in that care package would be nice though.:grin: :grin:

VWVixxen said:
Ekomba to the rescue!! :) What's the consistency of the gel you get from V.S.?

lol hey VWixxen it kinda liquid but gelly like ,on the bottle it says you can drink it but i never tried. i like to put it on damp hair to do twists or use it kinda like a gel but it does not flake though but keep the hair in place:p

ekomba said:
lol hey VWixxen it kinda liquid but gelly like ,on the bottle it says you can drink it but i never tried. i like to put it on damp hair to do twists or use it kinda like a gel but it does not flake though but keep the hair in place:p

I think that is different from the gel people usually use on their hair. I have purchased that kind before but I was drinking it for health reasons. I never thought about putting that kind on my hair but if it works then good...

I use the same (I drink it too:)), but it works like a charm. I am 6 months post relaxer and wearing buns for two weeks betweeen cornrows. My bun are smooth and b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l :D. Just this morning I was in the mirroring preening and amazed that the gel works sooo good and that my bun looks better at six months post relaxer than it did at 2 months post. I never thought aloe gel would work with my 4b hair.

I use alot.:lol:

ekomba said:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, :yep: I've been wanting to try the kind you can drink because the bottle is gallon sized. I am liberal in my applications of things I put in my hair. I want each strand to get coated, so tend to go bonkers. :lol:

mzjones said:
I use the same (I drink it too:)), but it works like a charm. I am 6 months post relaxer and wearing buns for two weeks betweeen cornrows. My bun are smooth and b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l :D. Just this morning I was in the mirroring preening and amazed that the gel works sooo good and that my bun looks better at six months post relaxer than it did at 2 months post. I never thought aloe gel would work with my 4b hair.

I use alot.:lol:

Are y'all talking about the liquid aloe vera juice or gel or both??I have a whole gallon of the fruit of the earth aloe vera juice in the fridge for drinking and mixing in conditioners and sprays.Ekomba is yours a holding gel?the juice that I have looks way too thin to be used on the edges as a holding gel for my daughters puff.

I'm confused now :confused:

Last edited:
I only use the Lily Of The Desert aloe vera gel on my hair. I put the gel in my shakes when I run out of aloe juice.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=LV-1011

scorpian said:
Are y'all talking about the liquid aloe vera juice or gel or both??I have a whole gallon of the fruit of the earth aloe vera juice in the fridge for drinking and mixing in conditioners and sprays.Ekomba is yours a holding gel?the juice that I have looks way too thin to be used on the edges as a holding gel for my daughters puff.

I'm confused now :confused:

Last edited:
Back