Aloe vera gel--I thought this was for skin?

zzirvingj

I have read several posts today of people talking about using aloe vera gel on their hair with great success. I'd like to know from those who use it, what brand do you use and where do you buy it from? Do you just use it as a daily moisturizer and do you have any tips you could share please in regards to using?

TIA! ;)

Just start applying it to my scalp, straight from the plant. It is the hair growth ingredient in surge.

I use the Lily of the desert aloe vera gel or Gelly.

It's a great moisturizer.

So great that you might want to use it sparingly. I used to baggy with it at night and if I do this several nights in a row my hair gets mushy and overmoisturized.

It's also great to slick back hair and smooth edges easily :)

I use Lily of the Desert Aloe vera gel(it's food grade). I use it sometimes as a prepoo mixed with oils. More often, though, I use it mixed with my conditioner for a dc.

I use it in place of hair gel. It's better for your hair than regular gel and it dosen't get crunchy. I use Fruit of the Earth.

I use it in place of hair gel. It's better for your hair than regular gel and it dosen't get crunchy. I use Fruit of the Earth.

Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly. I love it. I mainly use it with a leave-in on soaking wet hair. It provides a nice hold without crunchiness.

I'm going to have to try that Fruit of the Earth also.

I use Fruit Of The Earth, and FNWL. I mix it with my leave-in and oil, and use that for my daily moisturizer. I purchase it from Safeway, or FromNatureWithLove. I also use Aloe Vera juice, and get it at a co-op in my neighborhood. It is moisturizing from my hair, and also is very cooling to my scalp during the hot summer months. :)

ETA: FOTE makes several combinations of Aloe Vera gel. I use the 100%.

Last edited:
I use Fruit of the earth Aloe Gel for my edges or for hold. I use it for my wngs and braidouts as a moisturizer. It works great and leaves no flaking or crunchiness. I get mines at walmart.

I use Fruit of the Earth as well. It's great to use in place of regular hair gel; it doesn't leave the hair hard or dry. I bought mine from Rite-Aid.

I use Lily of the Dessert. I get it from Whole Foods. Sometimes I use it on wet hair after I've applied my leave-in if I'm doing a wash-n-go. I don't use it on dry hair because it flakes if I use too much, but it's wonderful on wet haie. :up:

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel I buy mine from Eckerd Drug or Lily of the Desseert Aloe Vera Gelly from the vitaminshoppe. I use it on my hair like hair gel.

zzirvingj said:
I have read several posts today of people talking about using aloe vera gel on their hair with great success. I'd like to know from those who use it, what brand do you use and where do you buy it from? Do you just use it as a daily moisturizer and do you have any tips you could share please in regards to using?

TIA! ;)

Hi zzirvingj
I use it for in my homemade moisturizer every other day the brand is lily of the desert!
My hair is less frizzy when I use it for braid-out and very moisturize:up: it is a staple for me!
My hair heart aloe vera gel (or juice):love:

I use Lily of the Desert or Trader Joe's. I sometimes add to my conditioner and sometimes I just put a little on wet hair, then a little oil over it (hemp seed, meadowfoam, camellia, whatever) and seal with shea butter.

I couldn't hold myself, I just had to get to Wal-Mart to buy some Fruit of the Earth. I'll test it out tomorrow when I do another wash 'n go (I don't have much of a style choice anyway, lol).

I still love my Lily of the Desert, though. I only have a 4oz tube, and it's almost gone. I had a right to go get some Fruit of the Earth....soo...yeah....I'm being a good PJ cause I do need some more gel....mmmhm, yep, good PJ.

I don't use this product, but I had to tell TSUPrincess how NICE her hair looks and AmyLee, your waves are making me sea sick.:thumbsup: Great styling ladies.

Ladies,
What section in Walmart did you find the FOTE gel( haircare, skincare, or pharm otc section)?

I bought Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel at wal-mart yesterday. I used it mixed with castor oil to smooth my edges, and it worked beautifully.. thanks ladies. I was looking for a gel and didn't want to use a regular one.:)

I bought Lily of the desert, a 4 oz for 4.99. Wasn't too happy about the price and size. But Aloe Vera Gel is moisturizing, and I use it to hold my ponytails.

I bought Jason's Naturals Aloe Gel from the Vitamin Shoppe and used in place of my Curls Rock. It worked great. I also bought Giovanni Direct Leave In. I have to thank TSUPrincess for these new faves.

I just got my Shealoe butter from Hairveda and I absolutely love it! I just got some of the FOTE gel from Walmart to put in my DC. I will be trying this out Friday night. Can't wait.

Brownie518 said:
I just got my Shealoe butter from Hairveda and I absolutely love it! I just got some of the FOTE gel from Walmart to put in my DC. I will be trying this out Friday night. Can't wait.

What are the ingredients?

TIA;)

Back