Almost gave up on LHCF, until I found...

leigh.hill

Cantu Leave-in Conditioner and Aurbrey GPB!!!! Seriously, I thought I would join the forum, buy some new mineral/petroleum-free products and overnight, have fabulous, breakage-free, shiny, healthy hair. Well, that has not exactly happened. I have spent about (well, no need to bore you with the details)...I have bought a lot of products and I have not seen a change in my hair texture until last night. Nothing drastic, but the Aubrey GPB, followed by the Cantu Leave-in, and topping if off with the Chi Silk Infusion was the first time my hair felt great!

Anybody else have that "I am about to give up on this forum" :wallbash: moment until you found :yep:....

Cantu Leave-in Conditioner and Aurbrey GPB!!!! Seriously, I thought I would join the forum, buy some new mineral/petroleum-free products and overnight, have fabulous, breakage-free, shiny, healthy hair. Well, that has not exactly happened. I have spent about (well, no need to bore you with the details)...I have bought a lot of products and I have not seen a change in my hair texture until last night. Nothing drastic, but the Aubrey GPB, followed by the Cantu Leave-in, and topping if off with the Chi Silk Infusion was the first time my hair felt great!

Anybody else have that "I am about to give up on this forum" :wallbash: moment until you found :yep:....

I have these products, are you natural??

Yes I did just last month, but not because of LHCF, because I didn't think I could achieve the half the growth I have seen on this site. It just seemed sooo out of reach I thought it would be better to give up and go back to ignoring my hair.

But then Black Master Piece, posted LongHairDon'tCare's reggie, asking if anyone would be willing to do it.

I was like OMG this is what I must do!!!
Then I stayed:yep:
at least one more year:rolleyes:

I was about to give up until i saw the beginners thread and the thread by naturals on mistakes they made while natural and that helped me SOOO much on my HHJ!

Im still pretty new to the game, but i havent been discouraged. Patience is definately the key. Its all trial and error, but this site is great place to find and share ideas, and techniques. Its a great starting point.

Thanks for the posts. I am beginning to see that it is technique and product combination and more importantly...patience! Ugh.

I have been a member since September and am just now (last week) figuring out what leave-in works best for my hair. I used up my previous DC (AOHSR) and didn't love it so I decided to buy AO white camelia instead. Because I didn't feel like rinsing lazy:look:, I DCed with white camelia conditioner and left it in. My hair is finally soft! It's never soft. SuPeR SoFt!! I'm-in-love-SoFt! :) yay.and i can keep being lazy!:grin:

Last edited:
Actually, I am kind of giving up. I feel like I am being unrealistc when it comes to the progress I am expecting and not appreciating what I already have. Everytime I see someone who has been natural for a shorter time than me with longer hair, I am thinking..... WHY! Why isn't my hair growing that fast? I have alot of products that all work decent but what are the perfect ones to get me there faster. So now I am like forget LHCF and use up these products and hope for the best. I think sometimes this forum can be overwhelming and it is easy to fall in love with everyone else's hair and not really appreciate your own hair.

^^ I dont think you should give up at all, a lot of this hair lark is waiting and waiting and moisture blah blah blah BUT you are in the right place to grow your hair and achieve your goals. The ladies here have so much knowledge and advice. 1 thing is that everyone's hair works differently, DONT GIVE UP!!!!

Just want to add, my hair is natural and busted and even I am hanging on!! I really felt like whacking the hair in a weave, but I am going to keep on going!

I just started using Aubry Organics conditioner as my leave in and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I've heard good stuff about Cantu also--maybe I'll give it a try too

Oh, NaturalM, please don't give up. If I refuse to give up with exercising 4x week, co-washing nearly everyday, dry-frizzy hair, breakage, trying to figure out a low/no heat styling method for everyday, and oh yeah...I have a scalp condition. I am convinced that it is a matter of finding the right technique for your hair. Keep with it...I am!

Back