Almond Oil and Olive Oil...Where can I purchase these items?

MRJ1972

I am planning on incorporating Olive and Almond Oil into my hair regimen.

Where do you purchase these oils?? I am looking for an olive oil with light smell. I've used basic kitchen EVOO in the past and didnt enjoy the scent in my hair :perplexed

I've never really noticed a smell with olive oil so I always use the kind you can get at the grocery store. Are you using virgin or extra virgin? You can contact camden grey and ask if their olive oil has a scent. A link is below. I also get my sweet almond oil from the grocery story or Indian market. Camden grey also sells sweet almond oil. Good luck.

Olive oil, extra virgin Bulk | Camden Grey Essential Oils

Extra virgin olive oil--any grocery store.

Almond oil--some grocery stores, the Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods.

I've never really noticed a smell with olive oil so I always use the kind you can get at the grocery store. Are you using virgin or extra virgin? You can contact camden grey and ask if their olive oil has a scent. A link is below. I also get my sweet almond oil from the grocery story or Indian market. Camden grey also sells sweet almond oil. Good luck.

Olive oil, extra virgin Bulk | Camden Grey Essential Oils

I dont know why mine does??? A family member uses olive oil also and her hair doesnt "smell" like olive oil, but I cant ask her where she purchased it because I am mad at her at this present time! LOL

Is there a difference in Almond Oil and Sweet Almond Oil?

Found this:

What Is the Difference Between Almond Oil & Sweet Almond Oil?
By an eHow Contributor

Almonds are grown on trees native to the Middle East. They can be eaten raw, roasted, toasted, in cooking and in baking. Almond oil has a multitude of uses and benefits, depending upon what kind of almond oil is used: sweet or pure.

Significance
1. The are two parts to the almond plant. The part that produces white flowers grows sweet almonds; the other part grows pink flowers and produces pure, bitter almonds.
Features
2. Both sweet and pure almonds are used in cooking and baking. They are featured in many desserts, cookies, cakes, sweets and syrups. Raw, pure almond oil especially enhances the taste and textures of salads, grains and breads.
Effects
3. Sweet and raw almond oils both are abundant in Vitamin E, which is needed for proper cell function and healthy skin, hair, heart, muscles and nerves. Both oils also contain Vitamin D and other trace nutrients.
Benefits
4. Sweet almond oil is an essential oil used in many aromatherapy techniques, such as massages. Pure and sweet almond oil are found in many hair care products and skin lotions. The addition of almond oil makes hair silky, shiny and easy to braid. It also heals dry, chapped skin and lips, lightens dark circles under the eyes and heals irritated skin.
Potential
5. Pure almond oil promotes a healthy digestive system, nourishes the brain and nervous system and helps lower cholesterol. Sweet almond oil is beneficial in treating aches, pains and sore muscles and encourages relaxation.
Identification
6. Sweet almond oil, derived from the kernel, is best used as an emollient in massages and for sweets. Pure almond oil, taken from the almond fruit, is a healthy addition to many foods for its myriad health benefits.
(Source)

Back