Allow me to introduce myself.

summertimewine

*sips tea*
Hello!
So I have rummaging through the forums for a while and I finally decided to join and get the full LHCF experience :grin:

In the summer of 2012 I put my relaxed hair in yarn braids because in November 2011 I had just relaxed my hair (root to tip, over a old relaxer :nono:) and the right side of my hair had broken off from shoulder length to chin length ON JUST ONE SIDE. :perplexed: So I kept from straightening my hair by installing yarn braids. But I had never before done them so while I was searching about yarn braids I was introduced into the natural hair community and about TWA's and how people were growing their out just because they could. So the idea was running around my head, but while I had my braids in I stopped looking at those forums and enjoyed my long braids.

Then I had to uninstall them :nono:
Let me tell you I tried every which way so that I wouldn't have sit for another 4+ hours to take these dang braids out. I watched every video and visited every forum but it was clear, it was going to at least take two hours and I was not in the mood. So then while on naturally curly I saw the thread "I just big chopped...NOW WHAT?" and I read just the first page and then proceeded cutting the braids out from the root :drunk:
Quickest uninstall evveerrr.
I went into my parents room (mind you I literally hadn't talked to anyone about this, it was just a whim thing) and my parents looked at my crooked haircut and asked me what happened. I said I went natural and I needed my dads clippers to even it out. My parents just said it was cute and my dad cut the rest of my hair for me :yep:

So anyway I have found a good system so far, but I recently dyed my hair!
Which I love! But now I want to invest in an awesome deep conditioner, I am just sensitive to aloe vera! I don't want any protein in it because I already have a great protein treatment that I use every two weeks :grin: !

So yeah, HI! I have also uploaded an album on this website if you want to see pictures

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! So are any of you colored naturals? What deep conditioners do you use? Also I'm trying to install yarn braids again (lol) but I braid it and then it just slips out of my hair?? What's up with that?

Last edited:
Welcome! I love your bc story, your parents sound awesome!

As far as a good deep conditioner, I swear by BlueRozeBeauty Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Mask. It will change your life. I've been a pj for yeeeaaars, and this is the best I've tried. :love:

Welcome,

Wish I could help with the deep conditioner, but my hair loves protein so much almost everything I use has some.

For co wash I love Claudie' s Mango Conditioner, it is very moisturizing.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Great introduction. I love how you did an impromptu big chop. You are super brave. And I love your parents response. Very supportive.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! So are any of you colored naturals? What deep conditioners do you use? Also I'm trying to install yarn braids again (lol) but I braid it and then it just slips out of my hair?? What's up with that?

Welcoooooooome, you and your hair are both adorable!
As you can see in my avatar I am a colored natural :wave:

My faaaavorite Deep Conditioner is Aussie 3 minute miracle, I have been using it for almost a year now and I love it. I used it before I dyed my hair and I'm sitll using it now, it has never failed me yet.

Welcome!! frogkisses

This may or may not be too involved for you this early in your hair journey but australian pink clay is an awesome moisture treatment. Butters-n-bars sells it as a masque and also the pure clay powder if you want to do your own mixing. I really like using the powder myself :grin:

Here is a link to a natural YTer mixing up a recipe, applying and showing results.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmI5RrT8eQ

BTW: Your curls are sooo cute!!
HHHJ!!!

Last edited:
Awesome introduction :grin:,
I am new to this site as well (7 days old) but seasoned some in haircare. I came in, jumped on board with the replies and challenges and the ladies are soo welcoming and helpful.

Wishing you the supreme best on your natural journey:yep:

Welcome!!
cute bc story. Its like that sometimes.
You are in a good place.

tiffers Thank you for the suggestion! I've heard really good things about clay's but I've been a little hesitant to mix my own things, so I'm glad that I can buy this pre-made! I will look into it!

DanceOnTheSkylines That sounds awesome! I would love something that I can get on the ground. And I work at Walgreens so its extra easy to get a hold of. I love the red color on you its so pretty!

mshoneyfly I'm not afraid of mixing, I guess I am just really lazy :/ but the fact that she makes the mask sounds delicious! I will look into it, thank you for these awesome suggestions I have never heard of these before!

Seamonster My hair seems to really love protein too. But I use Aphogee two-minute every two weeks, do you think a protein DC would be to much?
I hope I tagged everyone correctly :drunk:

ETA
And thank you everyone else! Yeah my BC was just a kinda on a whim thing but now I always keep my parents on their toes :lachen:

Last edited:
frogkisses Yup yup, I think it's about $5. I don't buy a whole lotta hair stuff online because i tend to wait until the last possible minute to restock and at times I like I have no time for shipping and delivery to work their magic. Thanks hun, I recently dyed it again. Now it's mostly black with a burgundy/reddish bang.

Back