Allow me to introduce myself...

PittiPat

wave.gif
Hello Ladies,

My name is Pat and I guess that I’m the newest LHCF member. I have been reading the posts for a while now, and I must admit it, I’m a little unsure of what to do with my hair tomorrow.

I had very dry and damaged, relaxed hair for years. From June 2002 to April 2004, I wore microbraids and did not get a relaxer during that time. I did not keep my hair moisturized and occasionally greased my scalp with Royal Crown hair grease (I know better now).

I had an Affirm Sensitive Scalp relaxer put in one week ago today. My hair is so soft and it has grown even though I wasn’t taking very good care of it.

This past week I’ve been using: Organics Leave-in Liquid Hair Mayonnaise (in the mornings), Wild Growth Oil (every three days), Surge 14 Plus (twice a day for my thinning sides), and Woojee Cream (before bed).

Tomorrow, I’ll wash my hair for the first time since the relaxer. I bought the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo and the Deep Recovery Mask. My question is, should I do/use anything else besides this tomorrow?

Thanks, Ladies. I really appreciate you guys.

hey Pittipat
wave.gif
Welcome to LHCF. I think your followup after the relaxer was great, i'm sure other members have more to add
wink.gif
see ya on the boards -- jainygirl

Welcome! I would just continue with the regime you used this week if it has been working for you. Try to keep it simple.

welcome to the board. You might want to try a pre-shampoo treatment with olive oil, coconut oil and honey. Just for added moisture b/c relaxers can be drying.

Wow. Thanks, Ladies, for the warm welcome and the advice. I've never been this excited about washing my hair.
trampoline.gif

Back