All you ladies who use Phyto, one more question....

Denim And Leather

....and then I'm set to relax (possibly) this weekend! :D

The instructions say "Do not use hot combs, pression irons, or any other heated implements with the relaxer"

and

"Do not use hot combs 8 days before or immediately after using relaxer"

My question:

Can I use a curling iron or flat iron, say, the day after I relax? Does this mean I cannot use a blow drier after I finish relaxing (Not that I planned to, but thought I'd ask this question anyway.)

TIA!

I think most relaxers advise not to use direct heat after getting a relaxer in order to prevent the strands from being further damaged, however most of us do it anyway because we want to show off our freshly permed hair. I know some ladies who just put their hair in a bun a for a few days after their touch up and then straigten it the following week. I have used phyto for my last 4 touchups and afterwards have gotten a rollerset and then flat-ironed it out (i try to stay away from the blowfryer). I havent seen any ill affects. I would never use a hotcomb on it either.

I did talk to a phyto rep and she recommended not to wash it for at least 3 days afterwards. Something about it opening the cuticle back up and it reverting quicker between touch-ups. Not sure if its true or not.

Last edited:
Back