All Natural, no BC

Coffee

I transitioned for about 19 months without BC'ing. I figured out I am between a 3c - 4a. Now, I have no idea what to do with my hair. Before whenever I went natural, I wore it in a short cut, just wash n go.

8610c881-df38-403e-b163-6be71fd23835_zps6ccb163b.jpg

Hairtype isn't as important as texture and density. What's your current regimen? And congrats on becoming a newly natural.

1st Rule as a natural: MOISTURE! Stack up on conditioners, conditioners, and more conditioners.

Hairtype isn't as important as texture and density. What's your current regimen? And congrats on becoming a newly natural.

1st Rule as a natural: MOISTURE! Stack up on conditioners, conditioners, and more conditioners.

Hey OliveOil, I'm not concerned about hair type, I just never knew what it was until recently :drunk:. This isn't my first time being natural, probably my 5th.

I co-wash 2 x per week with whatever conditioner I pick u, use a lite protein each time. Steam with whatever mask I pick up, use Lee Stafford Hair Growth Trmt and then Ovation on my scalp. I use a leave in w/oil and air dry. I clarifly 1 x per month.

I henna whenever needed.

Congratulations! Good work! :yay: Keep it moisturized and sealed.

Word of the DaySunday, February 24, 2013
xeric
\ ZEER-ik \ , adjective;
of, pertaining to, or adapted to a dry environment.

Dictionary.com's word of the day is xeric.

Didnt even realize u were transitioning. Happy natural hair journey.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using LHCF

Congrats! didnt know you were transitioning. It looks nice and fluffy! You need to update your siggy lady you got a lot more hair now and I wanna see more of it! Pics! pics I say!:lol:

I think braidouts/twistouts/bantu knot outs would look pretty on you :yep:

Congrats! didnt know you were transitioning. It looks nice and fluffy! You need to update your siggy lady you got a lot more hair now and I wanna see more of it! Pics! pics I say!:lol:

I think braidouts/twistouts/bantu knot outs would look pretty on you :yep:

halee_J, thank you! Thanks for the suggestions too. I'll need to learn how to do the above or find someone to do them for me. I always keep my siggy picture, it reminds me of how far I've come :yep:.

Looking good, lots of hair to play with! Have you tried bunning? I'm style challenged, so I either wash n go or bun my hair, every few months I straighten for about a week. Hopefully you have more skills than I do, LOL.

Looking good, lots of hair to play with! Have you tried bunning? I'm style challenged, so I either wash n go or bun my hair, every few months I straighten for about a week. Hopefully you have more skills than I do, LOL.

MyangelEyez, my hair has just recently grow out the rest of my relaxed hair, so I haven't had the time to think about anything. I would like to try twists for a bit. I'll just have to do some searching :yep:.

hi, just wanted to know how did you grow out your relaxer without having to cut off the relaxed ends? did you just gradually trim until the relaxer was finally cut out? i transitioned for ~22 months and still had a significant amount of hair i had to cut when i went for my bc. just curious. and congrats!!

:congrats: Had no idea you were transitioning!

I ain't even gonna come in here asking if you have conditioners you like :lachen:

I have few conditioners I like :lachen:.

hi, just wanted to know how did you grow out your relaxer without having to cut off the relaxed ends? did you just gradually trim until the relaxer was finally cut out? i transitioned for ~22 months and still had a significant amount of hair i had to cut when i went for my bc. just curious. and congrats!!

I snipped off my relaxed ends, I just didn't do the Big Cut.

Congrats Coffee! I can't see the pic...but I kinda feel like you...once I went natural I had no idea what to do with my hair (once I stopped heat styling). I'm finally starting to figure it out.

Back