All Horse Conditioner Users, This One's 4 You:

championgurl

Now that I have your attention.....

How long do you wait after you relax your hair to resume using MTG, and how many days before your relaxer do you stop using it?

I believe I asked this question in another thread, but didn't get too many responses..... But by now most of you have been using it for 4-6 weeks now, and from what I'm reading some of you must have had to relax since starting the horsey conditioner??????????
Please help a sista out, I just got my stash, I mean, supply and can't wait to start. (Had a hair disaster and need to cut off a few inches, so you can understand my excitement about getting started). So do chime in ladies, I just wanna be safe.

TIA,

~~Championgurl.

I don't have a long history with MTG, but here it is. I applied it to my clean scalp on Sunday afternoon (mixed with another oil). Thursday, I got a relaxer. I told my stylist and she said that she could still smell it (this was four days later). She said that sulfur opens the pores and could result in scalp irritation when you get a touch-up. But since I applied MTG four days ago (w/o reapplying), she felt it would be okay (I had no burning!). However, after she had finished with me (touch-up, shampoo, condition, etc.), she said she could still smell it on my head. She suggested using a clarifying shampoo. Anyway, I will probably stop two weeks before my next touch-up and wash two to three times each week. I will probably resume MTG aftyer I was my hair (in a week or so).

I got my hair relaxed last sunday 12th, so this sunday I will resume my mtg :yep: . If I have " ANY IRRITATION " I will stop using and wait about another week before using again :up: .

carletta said:
I got my hair relaxed last sunday 12th, so this sunday I will resume my mtg :yep: . If I have " ANY IRRITATION " I will stop using and wait about another week before using again :up: .

Why use again if there is irritation?

so1913 said:
Why use again if there is irritation?

I did " ALOT " of scratching to my scalp this week "I've got the crawing effect" so just to be safe if need be, I'll wait a extra week. Plus this is 1st relaxer retouch I've had since using mtg.

Last edited:
Back