All BRASTRAP LADIES HELP!!

Sweetcheri

Hey lovely ladies of LHCF,

I am currently a few inches past shoulder/armpit length and desperately want to get to BSL. How did you do it? What were things that seemed most effective in getting you there? It seems like it is taking FOREVER to get there. I have started taking my viviscal and vitamins again and will not trim again until I reach there. My regimen currently includes the following:

Conidition wash 1 or 2x a week
Deep condition 1x a week with -Silicon/Kenra Mosturizing
Pre Treatment- 1x a week with GPB/Oils/Coconut Milk
Mositurize: Carrot Oil/mago Butter/oils
Leave ins- Salerm/Givonni Direct

I do not use direct heat, except for when I get a perm and only comb with conditioner in my hair. I wear protective styles at least 5 days out of the week and condition wash/curly look on the weekends (which entails me wearing my hair down).

What can I add? What will get me there ASAP?

Thanks!

I was also a couple of inches passed armpit wanting to get to brastrap. I figured heat was the barrier to me getting there. So, for the last 5 months I have used no heat along with the following products and methods:

Conditioner Washing with Mane and Tail (3x's/wk)
Washing with Nexxus Therappe shampoo (every 7-10 days)
Leave in with Cantu Shea Butter Repair Cream and/or Coconut oil
Styling hair into buns and twistouts

This past Sunday I relaxed (or really "texlaxed") my hair and straightened it out and I am officially a brastrap woman :grin:

My next goal for now is to work on maintaining my bra strap hair and I'm thinking of getting a blunt cut for a more polished look when it's straightened.

Last edited:
Sweetcheri said:
Hey lovely ladies of LHCF,

I am currently a few inches past shoulder/armpit length and desperately want to get to BSL. How did you do it? What were things that seemed most effective in getting you there? It seems like it is taking FOREVER to get there. I have started taking my viviscal and vitamins again and will not trim again until I reach there. My regimen currently includes the following:

Conidition wash 1 or 2x a week
Deep condition 1x a week with -Silicon/Kenra Mosturizing
Pre Treatment- 1x a week with GPB/Oils/Coconut Milk
Mositurize: Carrot Oil/mago Butter/oils
Leave ins- Salerm/Givonni Direct

I do not use direct heat, except for when I get a perm and only comb with conditioner in my hair. I wear protective styles at least 5 days out of the week and condition wash/curly look on the weekends (which entails me wearing my hair down).

What can I add? What will get me there ASAP?

Thanks!

Just adding my two cent$ there, chica... the not trimming part does not sound like a very good idea to me. Of course, I don't know your hair so I will tread lightly here. My hair must be trimmed every 9 weeks or it starts to get little splits and begins to look razzy. If I waited any longer to trim, more would have to be taken off later.:( And this is coming from a person who never wears her hair down (unless it's in a rollerset). It's been 8 weeks since I've trimmed and my ends are already looking busted up.:ohwell: But of course the decision is yours and I wish you well on your BSL journey.;)

Well my progress should cheer you up if you think that YOU are having growth problems. Well I've just gotten off birthcontrol and due to the hormonal change... i have literally gained only 1/2inch in 2.5months... it's growing soooo slowly i feel like just yanking it all out and stepping on it. :grin: I'm just past APL also... i'm just nurturing it now, but as soon as i get a touchup, i plan to get weekly rollersets..which seemed to promote growth for me...

It really sounds like you just need to add PATIENCE :) Sounds like you're doing the right things, just be patient and it will happen. Maybe try some braids so you don't have to see your hair for a while. Watching hair grow is like watching paint dry! Agonizing. HTH

naptrl

Back