All about the ends

keeshesfromindy

When I wash and air dry my hair, my ends feel chrispy after a day or two. How do I keep them from becoming to dry? Should I wet them each day with distilled water and and moisturizers to them? Yesterday, after a wash I put a little bit of Doo Gro Leave-in Growth treatment, some BB castor oil moisturizer, and profective healthy ends(tiny amounts). What is the problem, too much products? I also add a little bit of oil to the mixture.

Keisha

Are you relaxed or natural? Do you tie your hair up at night with a silk or satin scarf of sleep on a satin pillowcase? Are your ends split as well or are they just dry? I'm wondering if it may just be time for a trim? You may also want to wear more protective styles...it sounds like you're wearing your hair out. If so, the harsh chemicals in the environment may have something to do with it. Also, do you drink enough water each day (at least half your body weight in ounces)?

I'm relaxed, and yeah I tie my hair up with a silk scarf at night, followed by another covering. I think my ends may be split. I get my hair done this saturday so I will look into a serious trim. My hair is not that long, so it's hard to put it up in a protective style. I drink enough water for two people and I workout. So I have to constantly take care of my hair.

Keeshes

Before you trim, you might want to consider looking closely at your ends to see if they really are split. You might have drier ends that are intact. The crispy feeling could be due to product build up. That can happen with my hair pretty quickly. How often do you wash your hair? Do you clarify? I find if I co wash my hair often and clarify my ends don't get as crispy and dry feeling.
If you notice that your ends are split, not just dry, you might have to have a trim. Try to figure out how split they are so you don't end up with a SHS who ends up giving you an unnecessary cut instead of a trim.

HTH

I just washed my hair with a clairifying shampoo, and keracare's dry and itchy shampoo and conditioner. I think they needed oil. I will ask her on saturday.

Keeshes

Keesh have you tried Salerm21 leave in? If not, you should.
smile.gif
You may indeed need a trim, but you may not be using products that keep enough mositure from escaping from YOUR hair.
smile.gif

Back