All about Closures

tasha5951

Hi Ladies- I'd really like your input on closures.

Likes? Dislikes? Do they look fake? How long do they last? Is there additional maintence involved? Will they work for someone with an active lifestyle (exercise 4-5x a week)? Favorite vendors (preferably ones from aliexpress or alibaba)?

I'm getting a sew-in in 10 days and I'm considering a closure since I want to leave as little of my hair out as possible. However, looking realistic is VERY important to me.

So, I'd appreciate your feedback and any pictures you may have. Thank you :)

I am getting my first sew-in in 2 days and I am so excited. I purchased Onyc hair and closure. I have seen other girls with them and it looks so natural. There are a few videos below about them and found all kinds reviews about their closures online as well. I wouldve bought an extensions plus, but i wanted my hair and closure to match and I didn't want to get halley's curls hair, so I went with Onyc. If I find it doesn't hold up as well.....though I havent' heard anyone complain about then....then I'll move on to another brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlG17dqIQB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mura_FQTTdE

Thank you...I'm going to have to start a savings account specifically for hair lol! I think I found a vendor on aliexpress who's closure will work. I've bought hair 2x from aliexpress and always had a good experience so, I'm hoping that trend continues...I'll let you know how the hair & closure turn out. I got 20" straight malaysian virgin remy.

it has to be installed correctly for it to look natural. and you have to tighten/redo it every few weeks because it shifts/braids loosen. ive only worn lace closures. next one ill try will be a silk based one.

You need to go find some pictures of Serena Williams and show them to whoever is going to do your hair and tell them this is what you DON'T want. Someone in the Entertainment forum suggested that and I actually think that's a good idea. She has the most unnatural looking closure I've ever seen.

Reviving the thread. Are any of you naturals wearing closures lately? What's your experience been like?

it has to be installed correctly for it to look natural. and you have to tighten/redo it every few weeks because it shifts/braids loosen. ive only worn lace closures. next one ill try will be a silk based one.

I actually agree with this statement. I think it's more about the quality of the installation rather than the hair unless your a natural & buy cheap, bone straight , shiny hair.

I've never had a proper sew in but I just bought some Brazilian Peruvian curl hair from wowafrican.com with a closure that I want to do a sew in for the Summer with inspired by phillydiva on YT. The hair looks great & is not so overly expensive.

I was told by a friend to go to Celebrity sew ins by a friend, owned by that BBW. She said they do the Elgin Charles method . It's surprisingly inexpensive & looks great . The reviews on Yelp are about 95% positive so I'm gonna give it a try.

Back