Alcohol Denat and Cetearyl Alcohol

luxe.li.

So I always seem to miss the alcohol content in my products because I tend to buy them first then read the directions last. Yes I know, bad habit.

I am doing some googling and I read that Alcohol Denat dries out the hair, but Cetearyl Alcohol is supposedly made from coconut oil, or fatty acids, or some other stuff and is a emulsifier and is not necessary bad for the hair. But I do scan the boards and read women saying that "Alcohol" dries their hair out, but they never specify which Alcohol. Or is it both?

So I always seem to miss the alcohol content in my products because I tend to buy them first then read the directions last. Yes I know, bad habit.

I am doing some googling and I read that Alcohol Denat dries out the hair, but Cetearyl Alcohol is supposedly made from coconut oil, or fatty acids, or some other stuff and is a emulsifier and is not necessary bad for the hair. But I do scan the boards and read women saying that "Alcohol" dries their hair out, but they never specify which Alcohol. Or is it both?

There are good alcohols and bad alcohols.

Cetyl Alchol, Ceteryl alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol... they are good for your hair. They are "fatty alcohols"

Read this link, it explains it and gives a more complete listing.

http://community.babycenter.com/talk/a650595/good_vs._bad_alcohol_in_hair_products.

Many if not most Deep conditioners are Cetyl/Ceteryl alcohol based, even my beloved AOHSR. Don't be afraid of every alcohol :)

Back