Album Update

Destanee

wave.gif

I added a few pics of my coil out and puff.
smile.gif

Pics
password ~ napluv

Destinee as always your hair is ON POINT!!! I love that new brighter red haircolor. I like your coils with the clippies, too. Sooo cute. Keep up the great work!
smile.gif

great pics! what was your starting length and what is your approx length now? my twa is a tad bit longer than your twa was in april so im trying to get a good idea of where ill be at in about 6 months or so....oh and y did you do a second big chop?

Thanks everyone!!

laugh.gif
@ Peachtree

I'm not sure what my starting length was. I'm going to guess
confused.gif
maybe ¼ - ½ with the top being a tad bit longer. I think I have about 3" now (not good at measuring). 2nd chopped happened because I got a little scissor happy!
smile.gif
It all good anyways because I don't think I took good care of my hair after the first chop. Thanks to you ladies and this board my hair is really thriving!
clap.gif
weird.gif

As for the colour I applied Jazzing in Fuchsia Plum over my permanent colour (Bronze by T&T)

Destinee, can I come and visit you and take lessons on how to manage natural hair? I can't get over how nice your hair looks and how well you seem to have the knack of working with it.

After taking some of my hair out of extensions and washing it out of braids, I discovered that I cannot comb my hair if I plan on keeping any of it. Basically, my pen-spring coils intertwine and curl back like springs should...only on each other. If I tried to comb my hair, I'd end up having to yank the comb through the tangle. And I even tried combing the tips then moving further down and combing again but guess what happens as soon as the comb goes through, the strands go back to their lovey-dovey embrace.
ohwell.gif
So the only thing that worked was using my fingers to stretch the strands up and then separate the stretched "springs". It was tedious and a good test on my patience, but I'm pleased to say no breakage. Also I got to really see the shape of my hair strands. I always thought they were zigzag but they are really like springs.
grin.gif
Funny thing is, despite the headache and time it took to detangle my hair, I actually love my hair.
smile.gif
I think it's finding out that detangling is possible that was the highlight of my day. But I'll be honest and say that I think braids will be worn on this head for a very long time.
laugh.gif

Unless Destinee allows me to visit with her and promises to do my hair every day it's out of braids.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
pretty pretty, is your fro blown out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou

I banded my hair. I usually do it every night before bed. The banding allows me to stretch my hair with out using heat.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
Destinee, can I come and visit you and take lessons on how to manage natural hair? I can't get over how nice your hair looks and how well you seem to have the knack of working with it.

After taking some of my hair out of extensions and washing it out of braids, I discovered that I cannot comb my hair if I plan on keeping any of it. Basically, my pen-spring coils intertwine and curl back like springs should...only on each other. If I tried to comb my hair, I'd end up having to yank the comb through the tangle. And I even tried combing the tips then moving further down and combing again but guess what happens as soon as the comb goes through, the strands go back to their lovey-dovey embrace.
ohwell.gif
So the only thing that worked was using my fingers to stretch the strands up and then separate the stretched "springs". It was tedious and a good test on my patience, but I'm pleased to say no breakage. Also I got to really see the shape of my hair strands. I always thought they were zigzag but they are really like springs.
grin.gif
Funny thing is, despite the headache and time it took to detangle my hair, I actually love my hair.
smile.gif
I think it's finding out that detangling is possible that was the highlight of my day. But I'll be honest and say that I think braids will be worn on this head for a very long time.
laugh.gif

Unless Destinee allows me to visit with her and promises to do my hair every day it's out of braids.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime Nonie!

Do you detangle when wet or dry? Try to detange when your hair is wet with conditioner that should help with you comb out.
wink.gif
Good luck!

Back