Album Update! Pics of my new sew in!

alibi

hair bored
I needed a break from the buns and want to try to coax the curls back into the front of my hair, so I decided to get a sew in weave. I paid $130 for the hair at a place called Lugo's, which is a specialty hair place started in NY. They will sell you loose hair, or sew it onto a weft, whichever you prefer. Anyways, I got 8 oz. of 10 inch hair custom blended to exactly my color and very close to my curl pattern. The lady that sewed it in charged $150, and braided all my hair down except for the entire rim of my hairline. She attached a mesh cap and then sewed the tracks onto the cap. The whole process took about 2 1/2 hours - time well spent! It will last about 3 months, and I'm gonna go back in a month and a half to get it tightened. I'm very pleased with the results, and glad to give my scalp a break. Take a peak and let me know what you think. ;)

ETA: Here's the link to the stylist, it shows some pics of the process:
http://www.localbiznewsites.com/lachic/GERRI.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!!! :yep: Since my hair is relaxed I love wigs/sew ins that give me a more natural look! How do you plan of taking care of your own hair underneath the sew in in the 3 months time?

Your hair looks great! What length did you get, and is that remy/indian hair? I am getting a sew in soon b/c I am also sick of the bun thing. :(

Looks great... Do you know why she decided to use the net cap instead of sewin tracks directly on ur braids? Is the net supposed to be more protective?

@ Natalied - I've never had a weave, and I'm very apprehensive about wearing it for 3 months, but she assured me that it will last that long, with no matting. She braided my hair very small and neatly beneath the cap, and I'll wash it weekly and mist the roots with oil sheen before styling.

@ Genesis - I'm not exactly sure if it's indian hair, but I think so. It's definitely not asian hair though. It's very natural and the cutical is in tact. They actually blended 2 types of hair together to get this look - it's wet and wavy mixed with soft wave - 4 oz. each mixed together. It's very natural looking.

@ Carmend - she used the net to completely take the stress off my hair, b/c when you attached the wefts to the individual braids, it still pulls on your own hair. I've never even had braids done, so I was really concerned that having something pulling on my hair would bother me, but it's only attached around the hairline. I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of the mesh cap at first, but I love the way it feels, and it's very natural looking and stress free.

Thanks for the compliments ladies! I am very happy with the results! ;)

Naughteegirl, I just PM'd you. Are you going to be visiting South Florida soon?

It looks great! I love it. I use the net weave all the time. It does take the stress of your hair and my hair does not mat underneath. The only drawback is that if you have an itch and you want to scratch it is hard to get too!

cutebajangirl said:
It looks great! I love it. I use the net weave all the time. It does take the stress of your hair and my hair does not mat underneath. The only drawback is that if you have an itch and you want to scratch it is hard to get too!

Cute, can you post instructions on how use the net? Is it as simple as just sewing the net to the hairline and then sewing the weave to the net?

It looks great, Ayana! :) Very natural and full looking. :up: Now you're going to make me want to try a weave.

natalied said:
Cute, can you post instructions on how use the net? Is it as simple as just sewing the net to the hairline and then sewing the weave to the net?

Exactly.
1. You can braid one row in a circle around your head (like you're gonna do a behive but you don't). Then sew the net weave onto your that braid. In the mean time the rest of you hair that is not in that circle braid but within the circle you can braid in three big cornrows and pin it down. That is good if your hair is long cause you get it out of the way but eliminate the bulk of long thick braids.

2.Or you can just sew the whole head into a beehive and sew it onto the outer perimeter.

3.Or you can sew the net onto all your braided up hair, if you want to use it as reinforcement for where the tracks are gonna be laid down. This is what I do when I do it myself because it is hard for me to make sure that I am only getting it on the net and not my braids.

Not only does it help protect the hair but I think it helps the tracks stay on longer.
HTH.

cutebajangirl said:
Exactly.
1. You can braid one row in a circle around your head (like you're gonna do a behive but you don't). Then sew the net weave onto your that braid. In the mean time the rest of you hair that is not in that circle braid but within the circle you can braid in three big cornrows and pin it down. That is good if your hair is long cause you get it out of the way but eliminate the bulk of long thick braids.

2.Or you can just sew the whole head into a beehive and sew it onto the outer perimeter.

3.Or you can sew the net onto all your braided up hair, if you want to use it as reinforcement for where the tracks are gonna be laid down. This is what I do when I do it myself because it is hard for me to make sure that I am only getting it on the net and not my braids.

Not only does it help protect the hair but I think it helps the tracks stay on longer.
HTH.

Thanks for responding! Do you try to moisturize/condition your hair while its under the net? Or do you pretty much leave it alone?

The weave looks great, really natural. I got my self some hair, about 8oz from lugo's 3 years ago and I never used it. It's really beautiful relaxed style and it's a tea brown color, after seeing your sew-in I really think I want to get myself one it's just that I'm clueless as to how to take care of a weave. Your hair looks lovely, the stylist did a great job!:)

:love: Sexxxy, sexxxy, sexxxy :yep:
I think it looks great. :up:

OT: I never saw your mothers hair pics before, but her hair is beeeutiful :yep: .

Thanks for the compliments ladies. I'm really enjoying the break from styling. :yep:

sengschick said:
OT: I never saw your mothers hair pics before, but her hair is beeeutiful :yep: .

Sengs, isn't my mama's hair the BOMB? Her and my 2 aunties are all almost at waist length. Everytime I see it I wanna :spank: them! :mad: :lol:

I like it a lot. I've had lugo's straight hair but not the curly. I printed out the stylist number so I can give her a call.

Back